The wife the new 77" LG CX OLED TV that just got delivered this evening

Nov 20, 2009
Although she wouldn't admit it, the price difference was something that bothered her ... right up until she put on the The Mandalorian and watched three episodes from session one. She loves the size and blacks and contrast. I told her we had 90-days to take it back if she was unhappy about the price, but she just smiled largely at me and continued to watch the show. Personally I think seeing Baby Yoda on 77" of OLED was what did it. WAF is high!

Reactions: Motostu and CP5670

nOOky

Platinum Member
Aug 17, 2004
Shut up already I'm jealous. How do you handle the thing without grabbing the sides of the screen, does it come with a protective material around it?

Nov 20, 2009
Beyond the electronics condom, no. I haven't even removed that yet and its on both the front and back. Now I need to setup the Philips Hue lighting system with the HDMI bridge and see how the mrs like it.

CP5670

Diamond Member
Jun 24, 2004
You will love it. I use mine for PC games and it's a way more impactful upgrade than any video card, CPU, etc. you can buy. Now try convincing her to step up to the 88" ZX version. :D

It's a bit tricky to pull out of the box because of how thin the top is. You have to wiggle out the corners until it comes out. I've held to the box (which is gigantic) so it's easier to transport when I move. The TV itself is surprisingly lightweight without the stand, only 60 lbs. The stand adds another 20 lbs. Most TVs of this size are 4-8x that much.

Nov 20, 2009
Costco delivery was a bit strange. I also paid for their so called white glove unboxing and setup. Two men showed up and acted like they weren't sure if they were suppose to setup or not but offered to. They knew they were supposed to. They had already delivered 21 75" and above flat panels yesterday, mine was the 22nd, and they had one more. No way i could do the unboxing myself. It isn't a weight thing, but a as you said, CP5670, the thing is thin for most of it and you have to lift it from the bottom with four hands. Definitely a two-person job.

Now I am hearing that LG makes a monster OLED that comes rolled up and cost something like $40K. Sold only in SK and you must prove you can afford it. I'm waiting for a 120" wide 2.35 CinemaScope version to replace my projectors and screen in my home theater. Second mortgage here I come!

CP5670

Diamond Member
Jun 24, 2004
Yeah the RX is another uber high end model, but it's the same panel as the 65 CX, just rollable. The ZX is actually a step up panel-wise, although there is no 8K content and even a 3090 gets crap framerates running games at 8K.

I got mine from Beach Camera and they put the box inside, but I had to unpack it myself. You can remove it if you put it on its side but it does need a second person to help lift.

Nov 20, 2009
So, it has been four months in owning this delicious television and I just figured out how to check the running hours on it. In four months we've collectively put 833 hours on it. Just the two of us.

Mopetar

Diamond Member
Jan 31, 2011
I think that makes you qualified to tell us if there's any burn-in. None of the reviews seemed to suggest it was a big issue (as opposed to a possibility) and I haven't noticed any on my CX, but I do t use it nearly as much. I'll be damned if it isn't a beautiful display though.

CP5670

Diamond Member
Jun 24, 2004
I have used mine for a little 2000 hours with no burn-in, although a large part of that time was spent showing a black screensaver on the desktop. My previous E8 went to 6500 hours with no burn-in before I sold it.

Reactions: Mopetar