The wheels just fell off the Trump train.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Rigg

May 6, 2020
And they probably stiffed the landscaping company and left a mess in the parking lot.
That's okay. It looks like they have plenty of money

uallas5

Golden Member
Jun 3, 2005
That's okay. It looks like they have plenty of money

None of those companies are the right one though. If you filter by state, there's no listings for Pennsylvania.

I was hoping it was since all the contributions, on the 1st page at least, were to the Biden campaign. ;)

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
So is Murdoch starting to distance himself from Trump? Maybe he's decided Donald's a "loser"? Or maybe he's just worried that if Trumpist populism gets out-of-hand the resultant disorder might be bad for profits?

Don't know if it goes all the way to the top, but I can imagine Fox management not wanting to mess with an unsubstantiated claim that will almost certainly backfire. The consequences of being wrong on such a fundamental level likely aren't worth carrying water for Trump, especially when he's already losing interest in the network.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
So is Murdoch starting to distance himself from Trump? Maybe he's decided Donald's a "loser"? Or maybe he's just worried that if Trumpist populism gets out-of-hand the resultant disorder might be bad for profits?

Its a dual personality world at Fox now. For the most part the actual journalistic (I know hard to apply to Fox) side is reporting pretty straight until, they interview some nut on the right. Then it just goes straight downhill during Ingraham's, Tucker's, and Hannity's shows.

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
Its a dual personality world at Fox now. For the most part the actual journalistic (I know hard to apply to Fox) side is reporting pretty straight until, they interview some nut on the right. Then it just goes straight downhill during Ingraham's, Tucker's, and Hannity's shows.

It's also important to stress that Fox puts most of its emphasis on op-ed hosts like Hannity. Not that CNN or MSNBC doesn't hype up their op-eds, but Fox makes it pretty clear the actual news (as highly spun as it is) is almost incidental.

Reactions: hal2kilo

hasu

Apr 5, 2001
Fox News, as they said, is an entertainment company. So it is not different from other comedy shows.

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004

The rats are looking for a way off the sinking ship.