The Washington Football Team scandal. It ain't just about John Gruden's racism, misogyny and homophobia

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
First the cliff notes. The NFL launched an investigation concerning the toxic workplace environment by the team. The result the WFT was fined 10 million dollars but the results of the investigation were buried.

As part of the investigation emails to and from the team were compiled. The only emails released were from John Gruden. They were bad but that's not the point of this post. There were 15 years of sexual harassment complains about ownership and management which spurred the investigation. Woman were making serious claims of harassment including sending topless cheerleader pics to the owner Dan Snyder. Gruden said disparaging things about Roger Goodell so it's interesting his emails were the only leaks from the investigation.

Meanwhile the NFL is sitting on the results of the investigation and none of the complaints from women were addressed. This is the kind of thing the NFL would move to bury. Gruden was an easy target but there were 15+ tears of accused mistreatment of women that former cheerleaders are demanding to be released. Now reporters all over the country are asking where are the emails from ownership and management?

My advice to people trying to get this report released. Go to court and get an emergency injunction ordering the NFL to save any and all documentation from the investigation. We know from the spygate scandal Goodell would destroy the evidence if too many important people are implicated, such as Washington ownership.

Jon Gruden scandal: Washington cheerleaders furious over photos (nypost.com)
Disgusted Cheerleaders Demand NFL Release Report on Washington Football Team’s ‘Boys Club’ (yahoo.com)

Last edited:

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Gruden was the 100 million dollar sacrificial lamb so the billionaire boys club could protect their own.

The NFL is kind of a shitty organization. They fucked over Kap, and then overcompensated with virtue signaling garbage later.

CTE.

They are not good.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Whenever big money is being made by big moneyed old fart white guys with attitudes derived from their boomer years, it's very likely that a whole lot of "hav'in some fun with the girls" was going on for decades, of which we now consider to be sexual harassment punishable by termination and jail time. Those old bastards and the "traditions" they cultivated within the League will stay with us as long as they can get away with those entrenched "traditions" of theirs that produced guys exactly like Donald Trump, Jeff Epstein, Roger Stone et al.

brandonbull

Diamond Member
May 3, 2005
As a long time football fan, I stopped watching after the Kapernick blacklisting. The NFL could have stood up for their athletes saying protest is patriotic rather than letting these people destroy their body for the wallets of some rich white dudes.
Seems even that rich, white dude named Ruth Bader Ginsburg disagreed with you.

Kaepernick waiting until he was 3rd string before he protested and his original intent was disrespectful and he had several chance to get back in the league. The NFL even arranged a special workout for him and in Kaepernick style he turned it into a circus. Kaepernick found that being a professional protester was more lucrative than being a backup QB.

Sunburn74

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2009
First the cliff notes. The NFL launched an investigation concerning the toxic workplace environment by the team. The result the WFT was fined 10 million dollars but the results of the investigation were buried.

As part of the investigation emails to and from the team were compiled. The only emails released were from John Gruden. They were bad but that's not the point of this post. There were 15 years of sexual harassment complains about ownership and management which spurred the investigation. Woman were making serious claims of harassment including sending topless cheerleader pics to the owner Dan Snyder. Gruden said disparaging things about Roger Goodell so it's interesting his emails were the only leaks from the investigation.

Meanwhile the NFL is sitting on the results of the investigation and none of the complaints from women were addressed. This is the kind of thing the NFL would move to bury. Gruden was an easy target but there were 15+ tears of accused mistreatment of women that former cheerleaders are demanding to be released. Now reporters all over the country are asking where are the emails from ownership and management?

My advice to people trying to get this report released. Go to court and get an emergency injunction ordering the NFL to save any and all documentation from the investigation. We know from the spygate scandal Goodell would destroy the evidence if too many important people are implicated, such as Washington ownership.

Jon Gruden scandal: Washington cheerleaders furious over photos (nypost.com)
Disgusted Cheerleaders Demand NFL Release Report on Washington Football Team’s ‘Boys Club’ (yahoo.com)

Its funny... there are extensive lawsuits and complaints of harassment with the Washington football team. However, the only person who gets punished is the coach of the Las Vegas raiders who was an espn commentator at the time those emails were sent and had no official relation to the WFT? It reminds me a bit of those old school three stooges routines where larry is trying to slap a pie on moe but hits curly who isn't even looking.

• Haha
Reactions: hal2kilo

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002

Kaepernick waiting until he was 3rd string before he protested and his original intent was disrespectful and he had several chance to get back in the league. The NFL even arranged a special workout for him and in Kaepernick style he turned it into a circus. Kaepernick found that being a professional protester was more lucrative than being a backup QB.
and I disagree with RGB on that issue. Are you surprised? See how that works?

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Gruden was the 100 million dollar sacrificial lamb so the billionaire boys club could protect their own.

The NFL is kind of a shitty organization. They fucked over Kap, and then overcompensated with virtue signaling garbage later.

CTE.

They are not good.
ding....ding....ding

But I still watch. I'm hooked I guess. Still the guilty need to pay the price.

Mark my words Goodell will try to destroy all the evidence.

Reactions: hal2kilo

Sunburn74

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2009

Yeah she also walked it back almost immediately and apologized stating "“Barely aware of the incident or its purpose, my comments were inappropriately dismissive and harsh. I should have declined to respond.”

Nice that you left that part out because its totally unimportant to the story.