Status
Not open for further replies.

unokitty

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2012
Video:

Kim Dotcom - Mr President

From Wired:
"Dotcom,..., argues the “the U.S. government has declared war on the internet” and is trying to convince the netroots community to vote against President Obama ...

Cleverly, Dotcom includes the slogan “SOPA PIPA ACTA MEGA,” trying to make the argument that the case against his site was motivated by the same forces that unsuccessfully tried to pass stringent copyright agreements in the United States and internationally earlier this year, until they were defeated by a groundswell of protest."

War for the Internet?
What say you?

Uno

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000
Kim Dotcom deserves to go to jail because he is STUPID.

He openly flaunted the law. He left a 'paper' trail where he virtually confesses to crime after crime.

He should never have admitted to knowlingly facilitated and hosted pirated content. He should have kept his big freaking mouth shut.

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
Kim Dotcom deserves to go to jail because he is STUPID.

He openly flaunted the law. He left a 'paper' trail where he virtually confesses to crime after crime.

He should never have admitted to knowlingly facilitated and hosted pirated content. He should have kept his big freaking mouth shut.

Don't know much about him but I take it he is pissed because he is no longer allowed to host illegal stuff?

tydas

Golden Member
Mar 10, 2000
Yes, its obvious that he knew his site was distributing copyright material and he did not do enough to stop it. There is a separate argument about the stupid copyright holders and their refusal to enter the 21st century...

unokitty

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2012
Yes, its obvious that he knew his site was distributing copyright material and he did not do enough to stop it. There is a separate argument about the stupid copyright holders and their refusal to enter the 21st century...

Wasn't this similar to the arguments made in court against Shawn Fanning?

And like Napster's conviction, does anyone think that a Kim Dotcom conviction will stop Internet File Sharing?

I agree with you that there is a separate argument "...about the stupid copyright holders..." And their future isn't clear to me.

And the people going after Kim Dotcom, does anyone think that their hands are clean?

It seems to me that they are emulating the people that went after Napster. That is, they are utilizing a win the battle but lose the war strategy.

Anyway, appreciate your response.
Uno

Anarchist420

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2010
www.facebook.com
And like Napster's conviction, does anyone think that a Kim Dotcom conviction will stop Internet File Sharing?
Not in the long term, but it will definitely cause a lot of pain.

I love megaupload and I'm pissed at the govt for jailing a heroic and peaceful individual who was just trying to help society. Too many people act like they profit from copyrights and that they like paying above market prices for stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.