The Walking Dead Season 3... SUNDAY NIGHT!

Page 36 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Newbian

Lifer
Aug 24, 2008
And he found Carol! The f*ck did they bury? Her head wrap?

I am guessing as that was the only thing they found of hers.

Also what did phone Lori ask him to do as I couldn't understand it.

ussfletcher

Platinum Member
Apr 16, 2005
I am guessing as that was the only thing they found of hers.

Also what did phone Lori ask him to do as I couldn't understand it.

I found it hard to understand too, but I think she just told him to take care of the kids.

trmiv

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Daryl is gonna end up killing Merle

I think so too. Especially thought that after that story he told Carl when he said he was able to play when Merle wasn't around. He isn't going to let Merle take away what has become his family.

OverVolt

Lifer
Aug 31, 2002
The number of tactical fails is annoying. It just wasn't believable when Merle took the other two hostage.

diesbudt

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2012
The number of tactical fails is annoying. It just wasn't believable when Merle took the other two hostage.

Only part i found unbelievable about this is how fast he went from ~10 yards in front of them, to holding Maggie hostage in a matter of seconds after the gun fire happened.

Pr0d1gy

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2005
I think so too. Especially thought that after that story he told Carl when he said he was able to play when Merle wasn't around. He isn't going to let Merle take away what has become his family.

Merle should be thanking Glenn and hot farmgirl #1 for saving his ass from Michone. Fake Zombie Michone was pretty lol, 2. Boy Merle sure ain't learned shit from all he had to go through. That's too bad, I was kind of hoping they would use Darryl to help redeem Merle.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
shit is about to get REAL next week. i like how the story has turned from people killing zombies to survive to people killing people to survive.

sorry to bring up a topic from last week, but when michonne cut that zombie open and all of his internals fell onto her and they showed it, the very first thought that came into my mind was 'the producers said showing lori's body was over the top, but they can show a zombies internals go splat splat all over someone?'

Jeeebus

Diamond Member
Aug 29, 2006
I loved Michonne's face the moment she realized... 'wait, I don't have to catch them, cut their jaws out, chain them up, and slowly meander around with them to avoid detection by others? I can just slather their guts all over me and we're cool? Right on!'

diesbudt

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2012
shit is about to get REAL next week. i like how the story has turned from people killing zombies to survive to people killing people to survive.

sorry to bring up a topic from last week, but when michonne cut that zombie open and all of his internals fell onto her and they showed it, the very first thought that came into my mind was 'the producers said showing lori's body was over the top, but they can show a zombies internals go splat splat all over someone?'

I had the exact same thought.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
did they ever show that the phone line wasn't actually connected to anything? i thought they would pan behind the phone for sure once he was talking to lori to show it wasn't even plugged in, but i don't recall them ever doing it.

PottedMeat

Lifer
Apr 17, 2002
did they ever show that the phone line wasn't actually connected to anything? i thought they would pan behind the phone for sure once he was talking to lori to show it wasn't even plugged in, but i don't recall them ever doing it.

i figured herschel picking up the phone and listening with that 'you're just a little crazy right now' look on his face did it.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
i figured herschel picking up the phone and listening with that 'you're just a little crazy right now' look on his face did it.

oh i think i may have missed when he actually picked up the phone. i remember him asking rick if he wants company and rick telling him no and him leaving. i think that may have been right when i went to get some milk lol.

diesbudt

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2012
oh i think i may have missed when he actually picked up the phone. i remember him asking rick if he wants company and rick telling him no and him leaving. i think that may have been right when i went to get some milk lol.

Yes, Hershal picked it up when rick was saying he got a phone call on it. He put it to his ear and gave this look like your crazy. And heard no dial tone or anything to show that the phone had power.

I think that is why hershal wanted to stay, to wait to see if the "phone would ring" with him sitting there.

However they only went through a few of the dead peoples voices, too bad it wasn't all of them. I wanted to hear shane.

Triumph

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I'm pretty sure herschel knows what's going on with Rick and the phone, he's a smart guy. Probably good to let Rick have his crazy outlet, just keep an eye on him so he doesn't smother the baby or something.

Newbian

Lifer
Aug 24, 2008

They have shown worse before but it's different when it was a main character then just some random zombie.

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
so why go after michonne anyway? she left and didn't seem to be coming back or want to come back. was it just that the governor didn't like her?

and lol at "go back" and then saying "oh, what's she going to do against 4 heavily armed guys" then she drops out of a tree, kills 2 in like 2 seconds...lol...gee guys, can we be a little more cliche?

God Mode

Platinum Member
Jul 2, 2005
If you want to live, follow the black girl with the samurai sword. I wish they can flashback on Michonne's past and show her demons. :)

diesbudt

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2012
so why go after michonne anyway? she left and didn't seem to be coming back or want to come back. was it just that the governor didn't like her?

and lol at "go back" and then saying "oh, what's she going to do against 4 heavily armed guys" then she drops out of a tree, kills 2 in like 2 seconds...lol...gee guys, can we be a little more cliche?

For protecting the place. They don't want someone to be free, and find another group of survivors that may be interested in taking over the governor's area.

CVSiN

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2004
I think you're way off on this. Like Daryl was acting. This is a tie that will bind. They need life in all that death. It gives them hope for a future for a way to rebuild and go on.

It doesn't matter that it may not be ricks. What matters is that its human life and its ability to continue no matter how bad the odds are and that humanity can live even in inhumane times.

Thats all fine and dandy and actually a nice sentiment.. however their reality is far different..
shit's getting real..
Rick is batshit crazy..
The Gov and his group are up to no good..
Merle is on the warpath..

and a baby in the middle of all this ( and a 1 legged old man) is all bad stuff and it's going to culminate..

Robert Munch

Oct 11, 2006
It would be better if the phone looked like this for more emphasis on Rick's current condition.
telephone.jpg

Red Storm

Lifer
Oct 2, 2005

A random zombie being split open does not carry the same emotional weight as seeing a long running human character be split open. Yes I know it's just Lori, but it is what it is.