The Walking covid Dead, Reality Edition.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Have this been posted? Seems like something people would be more worries about than loss of smell.
Basically we’re talking atrophy of grey matter brains.. you know they areas of the brain associated with brains.. logic memory etc.
I feel like many trumpster and anti waxers are already halfway there, this could throw them over the edge.

(severity of this thing is proportional to the tango you have with covid, so get the fucking shot)

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
Decaying grey matter? No wonder gop is pro COVID

They'll lose a few to the virus, sure, but the majority survive... sometimes a new knuckle dragger is created... Get them on posting Facebook, and profit

maluckey1

Mar 15, 2018
Interesting.....but the below disclaimer is from the same article, in reference to the source of this information. Might be COVID-related, might be from FBA (FaceBook Brain Atrophy). Regardless, since the replication crisis in medical research is almost as bad as with psychology......wait and see is a good start.

"*Important Notice
medRxiv publishes preliminary scientific reports that are not peer-reviewed and, therefore, should not be regarded as conclusive, guide clinical practice/health-related behavior, or treated as established information."

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
I did get COVID and did feel dragged down afterwards. Smell was not affected, however.

But I did have a co-morbidity. Gum disease.

My case did not result in hospitalization or anything terrifying, but it did stick for a while.

Where there is something most interesting, was that my mental sharpness has essentially been fully restored after eating sardines.

Thus, I have some grounds to believe I was deficient in something that the sardines ultimately provided that has cleared my mind(even with a horrible sleep schedule.

maluckey1

Mar 15, 2018
I did get COVID and did feel dragged down afterwards. Smell was not affected, however.

My case did not result in hospitalization or anything terrifying, but it did stick for a while.

Where there is something most interesting, was that my mental sharpness has essentially been fully restored after eating sardines.

Thus, I have some grounds to believe I was deficient in something that the sardines ultimately provided that has cleared my mind(even with a horrible sleep schedule.
Interesting, that COVID actually (in a roundabout way) helped you find out a dietary deficiency. For what it's worth, vitamin B-12 and Omega-3 are relatively high in sardines. Might be a place to start your research.

Similar thing happened to me after I had COVID,. While waiting for symptoms to go away (nasty cough), I did a genetic test that found that I had High Choline needs and a few other not- known- to -me possible issues..

A couple of weeks later I got to thinking holistically about my health, so I asked my doctor for a full blood panel, looking specifically at hormone levels. It came back as low in Testosterone and DHEA and DHEA-S, as well as being high in cortisol. Huh! Never noticed anything other than my once sharp memory getting foggy. My doctor, knowing my background and that I'm into extreme sports, suggested supplementing Creatine, DHEA and 7-Oxo DHEA (all OTC), and within a couple of days, the fog was gone. A month later, I had a follow-up. It showed significantly lower cortisol, much higher Testosterone and that I dropped almost 1.5 inches around my waist and didn't lose any weight!

Long-term, I'll drop the supplements, change my diet/exercise plan and all will be fine. Thanks COVID for helping me find a hidden health issue!

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009

Lots of omega-3. Good fat for the brain, and your skin. Cheap form of excellent protein, also good for the brain.

feralkid

Lifer
Jan 28, 2002

What did your physician think of your "sardine miracle cure" theory?

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
I'm 20 months out and still have very limited taste and smell. And I definitely have some cognitive issues I didn't use to have. Just random bouts of brain fog. It seems to be induced most by exercise. I've got my first long haul clinic appointment next week.