• In Person on Election Day

Votes: 26 18.7%
  • Not Voting

Votes: 5 3.6%

• Total voters

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Who has voted and how? I filled out my ballot today and signed and sealed it. My online account with NJ's voting system has been created since I voted by mail in the primary so I can check that my ballot is accepted. Will be dropping my ballot off at a local drop box tomorrow. Unlike the voter suppression by Republikkkan officials in Red States, there is a drop box in every ward of my city. Got to also vote yes to legalize recreational marijuana this year too. Cheers!

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
No one asked who they voted for, they asked who has voted and how did you do it.
I think this thread would be better served with a poll.

Did you vote? If so how?

No
Yes. Mailed in ballot
Yes. Dropped off ballot at drop off box.
Yes. Dropped off at polling place.
Yes. In person.

Pohemi

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
Got my absentee ballot in the mail weeks ago. I filled it out the day it came, sealed it, and dropped it off at the city/county clerk's office. Was a relief to have it taken care of early.

Reactions: skyking and Zorba

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
OR resident. My ballot should get mailed to me next week. I'll promptly complete and return it to a drop box long before election day.

Nov 8, 2012
This poll is rigged!

Anyhow, I requested a mail-in-ballot way earlier in the pandemic and the ballot arrived last week.

I'm probably just going to bring it in and vote-in-person. I just don't like the concept of not knowing if my ballot was received/counted or not.

balloonshark

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
On Last Week Tonight with John Oliver he was saying they can disqualify your mail in vote if your signature doesn't match. I did not realize that was a thing. I never sign the same way twice as I have always been a nervous person. Anxiety is a bitch and my signature varies depending on how I feel, if I had my morning coffee or not, if I've eaten or not, etc. Not sure if that applies in my particuar state or not but I'm not taking a chance so I''m voting in person. That also has me wondering if the same applies in person but I can't remember if we have to sign to vote in person or not. This country is really starting to piss me off.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
This poll is rigged!

Anyhow, I requested a mail-in-ballot way earlier in the pandemic and the ballot arrived last week.

I'm probably just going to bring it in and vote-in-person. I just don't like the concept of not knowing if my ballot was received/counted or not.

It seems unlike many other states, you can only track the status of your mail-in ballot in Texas if you are military or living overseas. In NJ at least we can track to see that our ballot was accepted as valid, otherwise we can go through a 'curing' process to fix it. This is why I'm voting earlier so I can track it. I would have preferred to vote in person this year and disagree with the Governor's decision to make it all mail-in even though I understand some of the reasoning behind it.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
On Last Week Tonight with John Oliver he was saying they can disqualify your mail in vote if your signature doesn't match. I did not realize that was a thing. I never sign the same way twice as I have always been a nervous person. Anxiety is a bitch and my signature varies depending on how I feel, if I had my morning coffee or not, if I've eaten or not, etc. Not sure if that applies in my particuar state or not but I'm not taking a chance so I''m voting in person. That also has me wondering if the same applies in person but I can't remember if we have to sign to vote in person or not. This country is really starting to piss me off.

I have the same issue with my signature being different sometimes, though not as often as you. Here in NJ you can track your ballot to see that it's been accepted or rejected and can then fix it, if you vote early enough. I've only voted in person in NJ before but you do have to sign before you vote in person as well - they don't seem to do much checking of the signature though, just sign here then go in and press the buttons.

Reactions: balloonshark
Feb 4, 2009
I have never had to deal with more than a few minute wait. I plan on voting in person to minimize the fuckery that could happen and reduce the burden on the mail.
City appears to have a reasonable spacing plan, I saw the primary booths and they are still in place for the election. That voting district the building is empty so no need to disassemble the primary booths.

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001
I have my ballot and will put it in the drop box when it becomes available during early voting. That starts Oct 19.

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
I have never had to deal with more than a few minute wait. I plan on voting in person to minimize the fuckery that could happen and reduce the burden on the mail.
City appears to have a reasonable spacing plan, I saw the primary booths and they are still in place for the election. That voting district the building is empty so no need to disassemble the primary booths.
Vote early, in person.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Plan on mailing it in, I'll abstain from voting in the poll until I do tho. Like the OP, my state has a website you can track it with.

Dec 10, 2005
Will probably vote by mail, but drop the ballot off in one of my city's return boxes - there is one located at my local polling place (within walking distance). Apparently, my ballot was mailed out today according to the MA ballot tracker.

Puffnstuff

Lifer
Mar 9, 2005
Duval has already registered receiving my mail in ballot which I returned the day after I received it. Because of USPS issues it took 4 business days to reach them and that was with dropping it off in their lobby drop box.

• Wow
Reactions: DarthKyrie

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Colorado votes by mail which is our usual. This year we'll use a drop box a few blocks away just to do our small part to unload the USPS. For people who need to mail it, fire it right back ASAP. While mail is delayed, it's not by a lot, apparently, rather an increase in the % being a day or two late.

Should work fine if a person is cognizant of that.

Reactions: Pohemi