The Usual Suspects

DTS

Aug 25, 2000
Okay, I own this film, I watch it about once a month, I've seen it about 20 times, I watch it mainly for the awesome film it it, it's cool camera shots, the great dialogue, the excellent acting, the awesome music, the
great plot twist. But What really happened in this film, I mean we all know that Verbal is Keyser Soze, or at the very least was using the identity. We know that Verbal was the one that killed Keaton, and that also
killed the snitch onboard the boat. It seems to me that Agent Kujan had the right sequence of events, except he was bent on Keyser being Keaton, when he actually was Verbal. Okay, the only things about the
movie that I don't understand is, that either Agent Kujan accepted the fact that they hit the Taxi Service, and killed the Drug/gem dealer in L.A. or that he knew it to be true. If he accepted it to be true, without
checking it out, then the story can work. If somehow he knew those events to be true, then I think the story has some flow problems. I don't find it hard to believe that he was only accepting them to be true,
because he's probably hearing them for the first time from Verbal, and probably didn't have time to check it out, butI say it could have flow problems because Agent Kujan realizes after Verbal has left the Station,
that he had made up everything he told him, the names of the people especially, and we can only assume that the events he told Agent Kujan were made up as well, because they involved made up people. So my
question is, what really did happen in the 6 weeks between the line up and the hit on the boat? That's my question, L8ter all.

Chef0083

Golden Member
Dec 9, 1999
You answered your question allready. There is now way to know what REALLY happened because It all stems from Verbal. I think the assumption has to be that some of it very well could be made up by Verbal. Also, Verbal probably changed some of the story to take focus off of him and keep it on Keaton. I don't think there is anyway to know for sure and that's why it's so good. It's explained, but is ir REALLY?...:) Great movie!