The US 'war on terror' has killed over 500,000 people

FIVR

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2016
https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2018/11/wars-terror-killed-million-people-study-181109080620011.html

A new study shows the US government has conducted a mass terror campaign agains the middle east in retaliation for 9/11, killing over half a million people. Looking at history, this basically in line with how the US has acted on the world stage since the early 1900s invasion of the Philippines. Our government is basically the equivalent of the Roman or British Empires. We march around the world giving ultimatums and exacting punishment on those who do not obey our commands. Sometimes we assassinate their leaders, sometimes we kill their people... but always we pay no consequences.

I often wonder when the rest of the world will attempt to hold us accountable. The US is essentially what the Nazis would have become had they taken over the entirety of europe: A fascist empire built upon the concept of "inherent superiority". Americans believe their views, their form of government and their people (at least the white ones) are "inherently superior" to any other views, governments, or peoples. This is basically the same as Nazi germany. Of course there are some differences but the analogy basically works in terms of military action.

When the Nazis were terrorizing the world other countries got together and eventually brought them to their knees. In the next 50 years there will have to be a war fought to bring the US to its knees and to free the rest of the world from our terrible reign. The players are already clear: It will be the Axis of the US and its client states (Israel, Mexico, Canada, UK, Australia) vs the Allies (Russia + China + EU + rest of world) in a grand battle that will either result in the end of the world or the surrender of the US Axis to the Allies.

What side will you be on? The Terrorists (America), or Freedom?

Nov 25, 2013
https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2018/11/wars-terror-killed-million-people-study-181109080620011.html

A new study shows the US government has conducted a mass terror campaign agains the middle east in retaliation for 9/11, killing over half a million people. Looking at history, this basically in line with how the US has acted on the world stage since the early 1900s invasion of the Philippines. Our government is basically the equivalent of the Roman or British Empires. We march around the world giving ultimatums and exacting punishment on those who do not obey our commands. Sometimes we assassinate their leaders, sometimes we kill their people... but always we pay no consequences.

I often wonder when the rest of the world will attempt to hold us accountable. The US is essentially what the Nazis would have become had they taken over the entirety of europe: A fascist empire built upon the concept of "inherent superiority". Americans believe their views, their form of government and their people (at least the white ones) are "inherently superior" to any other views, governments, or peoples. This is basically the same as Nazi germany. Of course there are some differences but the analogy basically works in terms of military action.

When the Nazis were terrorizing the world other countries got together and eventually brought them to their knees. In the next 50 years there will have to be a war fought to bring the US to its knees and to free the rest of the world from our terrible reign. The players are already clear: It will be the Axis of the US and its client states (Israel, Mexico, Canada, UK, Australia) vs the Allies (Russia + China + EU + rest of world) in a grand battle that will either result in the end of the world or the surrender of the US Axis to the Allies.

Idiot.

Reactions: Burpo and pcgeek11

FIVR

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2016
As an American, I will definitely be on the Terrorist side in this conflict. I don't have the ability to move anywhere else unfortunately.

My hope is that the war happens when I'm too old to be drafted to fight (maybe 2060?)

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
I would say that I agree we need to stop giving poor Muslims a reason to hate us and plot against us, but I refuse to legitimise your premise.

Reactions: Jaskalas

FIVR

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2016
I would say that I agree we need to stop giving poor Muslims a reason to hate us and plot against us, but I refuse to legitimise your premise.

Which premise? The war, or the fact that the US military is a terrorist organization?

The former is just a prediction but there is plenty of evidence for the latter:

'Entire Families Wiped Out': U.S. Airstrikes Killed Many Civilians In Syria
November 9, 201811:45 AM ET
https://www.npr.org/2018/11/09/6643...u-s-airstrikes-killed-many-civilians-in-syria

Blackjack200

Lifer
May 28, 2007

Also, just want to quickly point out that anger dissipates pretty quickly when you leave. Look at Vietnam.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
The latter. The US military answers to our elected representatives. Our representatives answer to us. If we want the military to stop drone bombing civilians, we'd cut their funding. If we don't do that, then WE are the terrorists (not the poor saps volunteering to get in harm's way for free tuition.)

No reason that war machine funding should be part of the third rail like Medicare and Social Security--we're not seeing that money in our pockets.

Reactions: nickqt

FIVR

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2016
The latter. The US military answers to our elected representatives. Our representatives answer to us. If we want the military to stop drone bombing civilians, we'd cut their funding. If we don't do that, then WE are the terrorists (not the poor saps volunteering to get in harm's way for free tuition.)

No reason that war machine funding should be part of the third rail like Medicare and Social Security--we're not seeing that money in our pockets.

You make a good point. We are all terrorists here. We are basically the equivalent of the civilian officials who work within the Islamic State : We aren't actively engaged in terrorist attacks but we provide the finances and infrastructure to support the military wing of our terrorist state (the military).

So the question becomes: What can the average municipal worker living in a terrorist state do to change the actions of that state? What could a truck driver in Hajin do to prevent Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi from sending his troops to raid some nearby Syrian village?

The answer is: Nothing. There is nothing we can do to stop Trump from telling our military to kill the families. To bomb their school busses.

So we are helpless terrorists who have no other options. We are like somali pirates: There is nothing else we can do to survive

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005

You’re thread lacks perspective.

In WW1, the Allies suffered over 500,000 casualties in the Battle of the Somme alone. The nation of Serbia lost 25% of its pre-war civilian population, over 1M people, during WW1. The fire bombing of Dresden alone killed 135,000 civilians. We killed over 200,000 Japanese between Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

Its also worth mentioning that American soldiers protected ethnic Muslims from Christians in Bosnia, and intervened militarily to protect Muslims in Kosovo...and two short years later, Muslims extremists flew planes into the Twin Towers.

Its not as black and white as you want to make it. It never is.

GagHalfrunt

Lifer
Apr 19, 2001

Yeah, because if we just go away and agree to play nice they can be reasonable. Seriously, you believe that crap? The grudges in the Middle East go back over 900 years and there is not a single shred of evidence that they're ever going to fade.

Also, just want to quickly point out that anger dissipates pretty quickly when you leave. Look at Vietnam.

I just want to quickly point out that the only similarity between Vietnam and the Middle East is that we were the bad guys in both.

Vietnam we meddled for under 20 years and their ONLY goal was to get us out and self-govern. They've kept to that for a whole host of reasons. Maybe they meant it, maybe the grudge was not so ingrained that they were able to let it go and maybe they simply didn't have the resources or the culture to export terrorism around the world. They didn't want anyone else exterminated, they just wanted to be left alone. None of that is even close to what's happening in the Middle East. Their goal is the total extermination of the US, they have the resources to keep fighting, they have a 900+ year old chip on their shoulder and a culture that mandates vengeance no matter what. Vietnam got what they wanted when we left the country, the Middle East won't get what they want until we leave the planet. BIG fucking difference.

Ultimately, this is just chapter 2,257 of a story that began with the crusades. It's not going to stop just because we give up and go away. They want us dead and they seem 100% committed to that. The problem we have is that there isn't a real solution short of total victory. As long as we exist they'll fight us and as long as they have the ability to wage war and inflict violence on their enemies, they will. This planet isn't big enough for all of us. Not now, not with all the history that's led up to this point. It's pure Pollyanna-ism to believe for even one second that the solution is to shake hands and agree to go to neutral corners.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Yeah, because if we just go away and agree to play nice they can be reasonable. Seriously, you believe that crap? The grudges in the Middle East go back over 900 years and there is not a single shred of evidence that they're ever going to fade.
Are you ready for a 900 year war on terror then?

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015

I just want to quickly point out that the only similarity between Vietnam and the Middle East is that we were the bad guys in both.

Vietnam we meddled for under 20 years and their ONLY goal was to get us out and self-govern. They've kept to that for a whole host of reasons. Maybe they meant it, maybe the grudge was not so ingrained that they were able to let it go and maybe they simply didn't have the resources or the culture to export terrorism around the world. They didn't want anyone else exterminated, they just wanted to be left alone. None of that is even close to what's happening in the Middle East. Their goal is the total extermination of the US, they have the resources to keep fighting, they have a 900+ year old chip on their shoulder and a culture that mandates vengeance no matter what. Vietnam got what they wanted when we left the country, the Middle East won't get what they want until we leave the planet. BIG fucking difference.

Ultimately, this is just chapter 2,257 of a story that began with the crusades. It's not going to stop just because we give up and go away. They want us dead and they seem 100% committed to that. The problem we have is that there isn't a real solution short of total victory. As long as we exist they'll fight us and as long as they have the ability to wage war and inflict violence on their enemies, they will. This planet isn't big enough for all of us. Not now, not with all the history that's led up to this point. It's pure Pollyanna-ism to believe for even one second that the solution is to shake hands and agree to go to neutral corners.
Well, for a start, the US can stop supporting governments that literally torture their own citizens, as well as telling the citizens of those countries that we have no desire to build military bases in their countries, nor take their oil.

You know, undoing what the US government has been doing for roughly 70+ years now.

Otherwise, your "total victory" is just a euphemism for genocide.

Reactions: Pohemi

GagHalfrunt

Lifer
Apr 19, 2001
Are you ready for a 900 year war on terror then?

It's already been a 900+ war on terror. That's the part that history-ignorant westerners can't quite grasp. To them, we're the terrorists because, newsflash here, we were the terrorists. A lot of what they learned they got from the European invaders. And a lot more they learned from us, we taught Afghanistan how to fight the Russian invaders and now we're suddenly surprised that they're fighting us the same way? One mans terrorist is another mans freedom fighter. The only difference is what side of the equation you're on. They're fighting a war on terror just as surely as we are. We, and by that I mean the west as a whole, but surely the USA shoulders a shitload of the blame, started this.

skooma

Apr 13, 2006
First thoughts that come to mind is OP,

you must really hate America &
damn, wish I had some of them shrooms you're on

1prophet

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2005

Poor indeed

728126931.jpg

Here is a hint, it isn't the poor Muslims but rather the rich that fund and instigate terror and then pull out the plausible deniability card when their victims accidentally dismember themselves.

https://www.middleeasteye.net/news/...ble-iran-and-turkey-are-real-threat-592216177
Saudi prince MBS tells US evangelicals the world should focus on Iran, not him

MBS2.AFP_.jpg

maybe he will build a church or two for them in Saudi Arabia if they look the other way like Pat Robertson.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
As an American, I will definitely be on the Terrorist side in this conflict. I don't have the ability to move anywhere else unfortunately.

My hope is that the war happens when I'm too old to be drafted to fight (maybe 2060?)

But you are young and stronger than many of us.

Oh, you never got back on how you would go about defeating me. I was keen to know your approach. I'm thinking you'd shoot me in the back, but if you had the courage to face me what would you do? Again, no reporting or complaining, I'm genuinely curious if you have a clue.

Feb 4, 2009

Bullshit

Blackjack200

Lifer
May 28, 2007

This is insanely racist. Fuck off.

mindless1

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2001
This is insanely racist. Fuck off.
I'd far rather have freedom of speech than some self-righteous hater throwing blanket racism statements on things.

If you can't make an intelligent argument against something you disagree with, please just STFU.