The unsung heroe of recent Democratic victories

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
There was zero mention of him during election night. It was all Obama, all the time. Why is that? After all, his strategy has paid off big.

JD50

Lifer
Sep 4, 2005
HHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: Dari
There was zero mention of him during election night. It was all Obama, all the time. Why is that? After all, his strategy has paid off big.

keeping his mouth shut has paid off big? Sure... I can buy that.

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
... and then we're going to WASHINGTON DC.... TO TAKE BACK THE WHITEHOUSE! YEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!

yowolabi

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2001
Originally posted by: CADsortaGUY
Originally posted by: Dari

keeping his mouth shut has paid off big? Sure... I can buy that.

Actually, I believe he was referring to Dean's 50 state strategy.

To answer the OP, I never saw Obama credit Dean with the strategy he used. So while they may have been in agreement on the need to contest as many states as possible, Obama wasn't necessarily using Dean's plan.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Originally posted by: JD50
HHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks to the superficial like yourself no politician can ever drop a dead pan face, except, of course to smile and smile and smile.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: SlowSpyder
... and then we're going to WASHINGTON DC.... TO TAKE BACK THE WHITEHOUSE! YEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!

...they did.

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000
Originally posted by: Moonbeam
Originally posted by: JD50

Thanks to the superficial like yourself no politician can ever drop a dead pan face, except, of course to smile and smile and smile.
AFT

Howard Dean learned in Vermont that if you focus on everyone and not just your parties natural constituents you get better government and you can put together winning majorities.
Why else do you think "native" Vermont Yankees and transplanted NY hippies get along so well?

RightIsWrong

Diamond Member
Apr 29, 2005
If you look at the Obama campaign, he "borrowed" a lot of the strategy from Dean's early success. He obviously had better people in place to execute it...but it was Dean's strategy nonetheless. Grassroots campaigning, GOTV, internet marketing and making sure that every person felt that they were being represented even though s/he might be part of the opposition party.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
Laugh all you want GOP, Dean is the basic author of the 50 State Strategy that just steamrolled the GOP. And also a good part of the you swift boat us, we respond right back in your face.

Or if it makes the GOP feel any better, maybe you can pretend to be Wile E. Coyote, and Howard Dean can be that cute cuddly Roadrunner going BEEP BEEP. And a clean sweep. President, solid Senate gains, and solid gains in the House, it don't get much better than that.

The only good news for the GOP is that I think Dean is retiring, not bad for that guy you thought you destroyed in 2004. He who laughs last laughs best and I do believe the GOP pissed him off.