The UN General Assembly has overwhelmingly passed a resolution demanding that Israel halt construction of wall

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

LilBlinbBlahIce

Golden Member
Dec 31, 2001
Originally posted by: ThePresence
Originally posted by: lozina
ThePresence,

As for the topic on the wall, you never defended why the wall is gobbling up Palestinian territory? You implied that territory is not in fact Palestinian, but that however is false.
I never implied anything of the sort.

You still havn't defended why the wall is gobbling up Palestinian territory, you just said you never implied that the territory is not Palestinian. The point is, Israel has no regard for international law, that is a fact, and as long as the US is there to be her biatch, nothing is going to change. IMO only America can bring change to the region, but for that to happen, there needs to be change in America. If Bush wins again, there will be four more years of looking the other way, if Leiberman wins, it will be the end of the world.

tnitsuj

Diamond Member
May 22, 2003
Originally posted by: hagbard
That's right, Israel should disregard the safety of it's citizens and it's own national security because the bozos in the UN think so. The UN should be disbanded.

And why should Iran, for example, disregard the safety of its citizens by letting the US (using the UN as proxy) interfer with its nuclear program?

Becuase we have the bigger badder weapons right now and no one else gets to play in our sandbox.

ThePresence

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
Originally posted by: LilBlinbBlahIce
Originally posted by: lozina
ThePresence,

As for the topic on the wall, you never defended why the wall is gobbling up Palestinian territory? You implied that territory is not in fact Palestinian, but that however is false.
I never implied anything of the sort.

You still havn't defended why the wall is gobbling up Palestinian territory, you just said you never implied that the territory is not Palestinian. The point is, Israel has no regard for international law, that is a fact, and as long as the US is there to be her biatch, nothing is going to change. IMO only America can bring change to the region, but for that to happen, there needs to be change in America. If Bush wins again, there will be four more years of looking the other way, if Leiberman wins, it will be the end of the world.

Here's what I said before:
The land that is now Palestinian self-governed was given to them by Israel. Israel feels that a tiny portion of the lands it gave away are vital for it's security from the very people they gave it to (as a peace offering). I feel really bad for the guys that lost some olive trees, but I will feel worse for the family that loses 3 children in an instant.