The Ultimate Steal is?

GasX

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
So I qualify for and signed up for the Ultimate Steal. I ended up buying Office 2007 and Vista Upgrade. I downloaded all of the files, and neither of them will run.

great, now I get to deal with MS tech support... May as well just eat a bullet and not live through the suffering...

I will probably wait for the media backup to arrive and try that.

As an aside, vista upgrade moans about a problem with SPWIZENG.dll and the office executable just doesn't do anything...

bruceb

Diamond Member
Aug 20, 2004
Try redownloading the files using MS Internet Explorer .. Seems if you use another browser like Firefox or Opera or a 3rd party download manager that you will likely get a corrupt ISO image file.

GasX

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
Originally posted by: bruceb
Try redownloading the files using MS Internet Explorer .. Seems if you use another browser like Firefox or Opera or a 3rd party download manager that you will likely get a corrupt ISO image file.

more proof Microsoft is evil?

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
Originally posted by: GasX
Originally posted by: bruceb

more proof Microsoft is evil?

More proof that one must commit incest to stay happy:D

Pandamonium

Golden Member
Aug 19, 2001
Shrug. I registered for it when it first came out and my Office executable ran fine. I can't say much about the Vista error though. It's a hell of a lot of software for the $84 I spent.