the truth about income taxes????

laFiera

May 12, 2001
i came across this article today and i was a bit shocked by the following:

In case you didn?t happen to know this, there is NO federal law or Act of Congress that requires any American citizen to pay the income tax. In fact, it is referred to as a ?voluntary? tax. How can this be? Well, simple. When you fill out a W-4 form, you are essentially signing yourself into servitude and ?volunteering? yourself to pay the tax. Did you know this? Well, it?s true. The IRS pressures employers to obtain your signature on the W-4 form so they can reel you into paying this illegal ?tax?.
Moreover, Stanley stresses that ?there is an IRS form any person can fill out and give to their employer, which says that you are not liable for ANY taxes to be taken out of your wages. None. It is form number IRS code3402 (n), and since no American citizen is liable for income taxes on their wages, interest, etc?, (by constitutional law and the IRS Code book itself), EVERY AMERICAN CAN OPT OUT of the withholding of THEIR money, from THEIR check. Your employer must honor this request. The amount of your money retained in your pocket is huge.?

Is this for real?????

And ? did you know that the IRS is NOT a bureau or agency of the Department of the Treasury? Nope, it isn?t. Holy smokes, but they often send outgoing mail with ?Department of the Treasury? right on the return address. Guess what? This is mail fraud. Mail fraud is a serious federal offense. Oops! Guess they are just making a booboo when they do that, huh?

...anyway...here's the link to the editorial/article whatever it is...

article

I just really want to know if the code 3402 exists!!! any accountants out there??????

DaveSimmons

Elite Member
Aug 12, 2001
Duh. Hoax. Do some googling and find the debunking yourself.

Yes you can fill out a form to say no witholding, but it's only because of other factors such as paying estimated taxes instead or having another job that witholds enough to cover both. Go to IRS.gov and look it up yourself. (edit=tyops)

Did you know that the word "gullible" isn't listed in most English-language dictionaries?

scottrico

Jun 23, 2001
Is this for real?????

No it's not!
Payroll is my 9-5 thing. (It pays the bills)

There are many ways to get out of having to pay income taxes but this is not one of them.

Feb 10, 2000
This old wive's tale has been around since the '70s (the guy who originated this theory, and wrote a book about it, went to prison for tax evasion, as luck would have it). It amazes me that people don't learn, but I think the idea of getting something for nothing is too appealling to pass up.

UltraQuiet

Banned
Sep 22, 2001
It's almost time for someone to come in here and claim this is true because their uncles bothers sister in law's best friends father has never paid income tax.

laFiera

May 12, 2001
darn, there' goes my dream of getting me another system with my 'saved' taxes!!!!
:)

NesuD

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Hey this is for real because my uncles bothers sister in law's best friends father has never paid income tax.
;)

Got a bridge for sale in Brooklyn if anyone wants to make me an offer.

JonathanM

Mar 4, 2002
Obviously the author of this article has not heard of Amendment 16 of the Constitution.

Amendment XVI

The Congress shall have power to lay and collect taxes on incomes, from whatever source derived, without apportionment among the several states, and without regard to any census or enumeration

More Information.

tweakmm

Lifer
May 28, 2001
Originally posted by: DaveSimmons
Did you know that the word "gullible" isn't listed in most English-language dictionaries?
hey!
I just looked it up and I found it in a couple dictionaries online
you obviously don't know what you're talking about

IGBT

Lifer
Jul 16, 2001
Tell it to the IRS while your standing in their office with your basket case...

Feb 10, 2000
Originally posted by: tweakmm
hey!

PLEASE tell me you are joking. Pretty please . . .

If you are not, you may want to submit your picture to Webster's for inclusion in the next edition, alongside the word "gullible".

tweakmm

Lifer
May 28, 2001
Originally posted by: Don_Vito
Originally posted by: tweakmm
hey!

PLEASE tell me you are joking. Pretty please . . .

If you are not, you may want to submit your picture to Webster's for inclusion in the next edition, alongside the word "gullible".
maybe we should submit your picture :D
:p

XMan

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I think the question though, is whether or not Amendment 16 was ever properly ratified, correct?

dman

Diamond Member
Nov 2, 1999
EVERY AMERICAN CAN OPT OUT of the withholding of THEIR money, from THEIR check. Your employer must honor this request. The amount of your money retained in your pocket is huge.?
Sure, you can also claim 99 deductions and not have any taxes withold, but, at the end of the year you'll still owe the same amount of taxes and now you've not been paying it off in installments ahead of time so you better have ~30% of your salary stashed away somewhere for when the taxman comes a knockin'.

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
Originally posted by: scottrico
Is this for real?????

No it's not!
Payroll is my 9-5 thing. (It pays the bills)

There are many ways to get out of having to pay income taxes but this is not one of them.

Anyone PM you yet? :) Tell us how !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!