The TRUMP BRAND

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
It was very wise for Joe Biden not to mention the name Donald Trump, or even utter the name Trump during Joe’s acceptance speech on Thursday night. One little problem I feel people might not realize, is that to utter by mouth or in print the name of Donald Trump or just the last name of Trump is enforcing the brand of TRUMP. Trump is a brand, just like Coca Cola or AT&T. No doubt cola cola enjoys every time people mention Coca Cola, and AT&T when AT&T is mentioned in print or by word of mouth or even in some forum post. Every day the name of Trump is mentioned on tv, in print, and in words. Imagine having a dime for every time your name was mentioned? My point, to have a brand rather than to have a name is in itself unimaginable power. It probably doesn’t matter much to Donald Trump if people and the media talk good talk or talk bad talk about Donald Trump, for Trump at least the people and the media are acknowledging the brand of Trump with every utterance of the name Trump. And make no mistake, that is real power to be a brand. To be not an individual but an actual brand name. Just look at this forum, in P&N nearly every thread has the word Trump in the title, and that’s just P&N here on anandtech. The media, every single news print, in every gathering around the office water cooler people are using the name of Trump. And one lie that Donald Trump could claim, and probably would not actually be lying about, would be to claim that the brand of Trump as more popular than the name of Jesus Christ in today’s world. Despite all the insanely out of this president, his brand is most powerful. The brand of Trump. Now, how the hell does any challenger, or any political party including the Republican Party complete with a brand? How does any political party control a brand? A brand as powerful as Coca Cola or McDonald’s? Frankly, I don’t know if a “BRAND” can be defeated in any election, by anyone or by anything? Maybe not everyone likes Coca Cola, but everyone definitely does know the brand of Coca Cola, as do they the brand of Trump. This possibly could explain how and why the Republican Party became so infatuated with Donald Trump as if there was nothing humanly possible they could have done to avoid it. The Republican Party has not been consumed by a man, the Republican Party has been consumed by a brand. A very powerful all empowering brand. If this is indeed the case with republicans then Democrats should get down on their knees and thank god that Donald Trump was not a Democrat, otherwise what has happened to the Republican Party might have happened to the Democratic Party. Democrats could be starry eyed and cult-like zombies over Donald Trump just like the Republican Party, and also helpless to do anything about it. Donald Trump is like if the brand of Coca Cola could be turned into human flesh, and then run for office. If Donald Trump could be dispensed out of a vending machine, Trump would be no less popular than he already is, or... that of his brand. I guess all that we can say is good luck Joe in completing with THAT.

Reactions: interchange

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
Problem, just as many complained when split up into paragraphs. People bitched about “hard to read format” when in paragraph style. Some real on a phone, some on a tablet, and some like me on a computer. I guess different devices do their own thing with formatting. But frankly my posts are not so much for the forum, they are for my connections. How I should communicate. Someone in the main stream media will repeat my thoughts and theory very soon. Hasn’t anyone caught onto that? ;)

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
Yup great way to get under his thin skin is simply ignore him. During press conferences, press should only direct questions to everyone else on the stage with him. Oh I have a question for you Pence. This is for Fauci. Oh Baron...

Reactions: Fenixgoon

Meghan54

Lifer
Oct 18, 2009
Problem, just as many complained when split up into paragraphs. People bitched about “hard to read format” when in paragraph style. Some real on a phone, some on a tablet, and some like me on a computer. I guess different devices do their own thing with formatting. But frankly my posts are not so much for the forum, they are for my connections. How I should communicate. Someone in the main stream media will repeat my thoughts and theory very soon. Hasn’t anyone caught onto that? ;)
No, because literally no one reads your walls of rant to the end. Just scroll thru after seeing what’s set you off this time.

Reactions: NTMBK

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Wasn't your old "paragraph style" one sentence per paragraph?

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008

You seem to be prone to extremism. You used to be a white-space-supremacist, now you are a block-of-text-nationalist. Can you not move towards the moderate centre ground?

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011
By Sportage

It was very wise for Joe Biden not to mention the name Donald Trump, or even utter the name Trump during Joe’s acceptance speech on Thursday night.

One little problem I feel people might not realize, is that to utter by mouth or in print the name of Donald Trump or just the last name of Trump is enforcing the brand of TRUMP. Trump is a brand, just like Coca Cola or AT&T. No doubt cola cola enjoys every time people mention Coca Cola, and AT&T when AT&T is mentioned in print or by word of mouth or even in some forum post.

Every day the name of Trump is mentioned on tv, in print, and in words. Imagine having a dime for every time your name was mentioned? My point, to have a brand rather than to have a name is in itself unimaginable power.

It probably doesn’t matter much to Donald Trump if people and the media talk good talk or talk bad talk about Donald Trump, for Trump at least the people and the media are acknowledging the brand of Trump with every utterance of the name Trump. And make no mistake, that is real power to be a brand.

To be not an individual but an actual brand name.

Just look at this forum, in P&N nearly every thread has the word Trump in the title, and that’s just P&N here on anandtech. The media, every single news print, in every gathering around the office water cooler people are using the name of Trump. And one lie that Donald Trump could claim, and probably would not actually be lying about, would be to claim that the brand of Trump as more popular than the name of Jesus Christ in today’s world. Despite all the insanely out of this president, his brand is most powerful. The brand of Trump. Now, how the hell does any challenger, or any political party including the Republican Party complete with a brand? How does any political party control a brand? A brand as powerful as Coca Cola or McDonald’s?

Frankly, I don’t know if a “BRAND” can be defeated in any election, by anyone or by anything? Maybe not everyone likes Coca Cola, but everyone definitely does know the brand of Coca Cola, as do they the brand of Trump. This possibly could explain how and why the Republican Party became so infatuated with Donald Trump as if there was nothing humanly possible they could have done to avoid it. The Republican Party has not been consumed by a man, the Republican Party has been consumed by a brand. A very powerful all empowering brand.

If this is indeed the case with republicans then Democrats should get down on their knees and thank god that Donald Trump was not a Democrat, otherwise what has happened to the Republican Party might have happened to the Democratic Party. Democrats could be starry eyed and cult-like zombies over Donald Trump just like the Republican Party, and also helpless to do anything about it. Donald Trump is like if the brand of Coca Cola could be turned into human flesh, and then run for office. If Donald Trump could be dispensed out of a vending machine, Trump would be no less popular than he already is, or... that of his brand.

I guess all that we can say is good luck Joe in completing with THAT.

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011
Trump's presidential runs were not about becoming president.
He was abusing the elections to cash in on the a taxpayer funded marketing campaign for the Trump brand.
Trump was a has been. Repeated business failures. A punchline.
He, his fucking brand nd everything about him was a punchline.

The only reason why his popularity picked up nationally was because Mark Burnett came up with the idea of a new Survivor type reality TV show based off a BBC documentary "Trouble at the Top" and Trump was approached because of the Trump brand was well known.

Like most of Trump's success....another fucking example that originated with someone else's idea.

To be clear.
Trump was a failed businessman and a crook who was a has been and all he had left with was branding his shitty ass brand while pulling income off the remnants of his Fathers legacy. That legacy was the team of people who worked with his father and basically ran the Trump business.

Trump would stumble into the room and basically mouth off some nonsense while other did the best they could to keep the business running.
Fuck Trump.

Fuck every moron who buys Trump merchandise and sticks on their house or their car.

His shitty brand has now tainted the US government and now his shitty family gets to cash in on the stupidity of the minority vote that got that asshole into office.

Yes.
I know
You all know this.