The true reason behind the delay of AMD Cayman 6970/6950

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Teizo

Golden Member
Oct 28, 2010
This is one of those threads that could really make good use of a disclaimer because that is incredibly hard to believe.

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com
Errrm. You confirmed there being notches, not that the notches caused the delay.
How about reading ALL of what i said?
:|

i was asked to confirm the *notches* .. and i said i sent off an email to AMD asking about the delay

i'm done here with the "attitudes''; i will share AMD's response with my own forum

Martimus

Diamond Member
Apr 24, 2007

i was asked to confirm the *notches* .. and i said i sent off an email to AMD asking about the delay

i'm done here with the "attitudes''; i will share AMD's response with my own forum

I read your review of the two new Radeons, and I found it to be the most useful review thus far in terms of easily comparing them to the nVidia aternatives in a variety of games at different settings.

I feel far more comfortable with what I will do this coming month when I buy a new computer after reading your review.

tincart

Apr 15, 2010

Yes, I am very much capable of reading what you wrote. That someone asked for confirmation does not in any way answer my question... tongue-in-cheek as it was.

So you're going to "punish" the forum because someone dare question you? Well, take your ball...

waffleironhead

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2005
I certainly hope for amds sake that this modification is not going to cause any problems with the cards over the long run. IE, lack of all the insulators on the power connector.

Lonbjerg

Diamond Member
Dec 6, 2009

Learn to use the "ignore" function ;)