The Tropical Storm Cindy Thread

Chaotic42

Lifer
Jun 15, 2001
I know there are a few ATers here in the greater New Orleans Area.

Any good hurricane parties? :p

I just got off work, the company says that we need to make the hurricane time up. They wanted us to leave at regular time, which would have us driving through the eye-wall. My supervisor and I didn't want to get flooded out of our homes, so we left.

Looks like no school tomorrow either. You've got to love the storms that are big enough to get you out of work, but not big enough to do much serious damage.

Cuda1447

Lifer
Jul 26, 2002
wtf link me up I haven't heard of this storm yet. And I live in florida, its ALWAYS on the news if there is a tropical storm on the fricken planet (they try to scare us).

Chaotic42

Lifer
Jun 15, 2001
Originally posted by: Cuda1447
wtf link me up I haven't heard of this storm yet. And I live in florida, its ALWAYS on the news if there is a tropical storm on the fricken planet (they try to scare us).

Link

Like I said, it's not a bad storm, but we're kind of like Florida in that most of our cities are at about 6" above sea-level. It floods pretty badly here.

CrackRabbit

Lifer
Mar 30, 2001
/Looks at storm path notcices Houston/Galveston is not in the path, goes about business.

cthulhu

Golden Member
Feb 19, 2000
No damage at my house/neighborhood. There are alot of small branches and leaves everywhere. The wind driven rain woke me up a little after midnight. I kept waking up whenever the wind really picked up. Curious thing, my kids basketball goal didn't even fall over. It moved about 3 feet from where it was at. I'll have to remember to lay it down if Dennis comes this way.