"The Trayvon Hoax" Film is now on YouTube for Free, Director says "Enjoy Stay at Home Bonus!"

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000
When Rachel Maddow was forced to admit she was playing a character no different than Alex Jones in a law suit you don't get to posture over Infowars, you are Infowars, just less funny, and frankly less honest, and frankly far more dangerous as there is no self awareness at all.

4 years of debunked Russia conspiracy, you simply don't get to talk anymore, your media is completely discredited, Flynn exonerated is just the cherry on top.
"Debunked"?, really?, I guess that was an illusion I saw on TV begging Russia to attack Hillary's emails. Trump refused tro be questioned in person and the written ones he did answer were full of lies and half-truths. The only thing Mueller ould not prove was a conspiracy existed beforehand but with Don Jr. erasing a lot of emails and much more communication "lost" we'll never know. As for that vid, really?, two hours of this moron?, no thanks.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
I'm not the one who started with the identity politics argument.
I don’t think there was anything in what he said that suggested you did which leaves the point that he did make unchallenged and quite accurate as far as I can see.

HumblePie

Lifer
Oct 30, 2000
I don’t think there was anything in what he said that suggested you did which leaves the point that he did make unchallenged and quite accurate as far as I can see.

I am not basing my argument at all on identity politics. I made a tongue'n'cheek mention about two democrat black professors who are willing to watch and listen to this documentary can't be sane and must be racist because of how people in this thread are willing to shoot the messenger first without dissecting the message for themselves. Sometimes satire is a useful tool to get a point across. Using satire doesn't make my argument one as being based on identity politics and is instead more about people's inability here to step out of their comfort zone.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
I'm not the one who started with the identity politics argument.
You're right, the OP did that. You were just insisting that another poster have a particular opinion of a video you posted because of the racial and political identities of that video's presenters.

HumblePie

Lifer
Oct 30, 2000
You're right, the OP did that. You were just insisting that another poster have a particular opinion of a video you posted because of the racial and political identities of that video's presenters.

No, ShookKnight on page one was the first to start bringing out the racial epithats. Esquared automatically denounced it as right wing conspiracy without even looking at the message. Most would rather attack the messenger than the message. That whole DH0 and DH1 argument style. Has Joel made some conspiracy and question content in the past? Sure has. That doesn't mean this current offering automatically is.

I was making a satirical post because everyone on these forums wants to automatically assume it is evil white supremacist right wingers are all that is ill with this world like they are the boogeymen. It is called bringing a bit of levity to the discussion. Then the first thing that is responded to the video I posted is that John and Glenn must be evil "conservatives" because since they are black they can't be racists. If I posted one of the numerous videos of people dissecting this info posted in Joel's video and they happened to be white, I am pretty sure the vast majority of posters to the P&N forum these days would call them Nazi's or racists or whatever as well if they had anything positive at all to say about the video. All it takes is a quick look at how even this thread has turned out to show that I am right in this assumption.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
No, ShookKnight on page one was the first to start bringing out the racial epithats. Esquared automatically denounced it as right wing conspiracy without even looking at the message. Most would rather attack the messenger than the message. That whole DH0 and DH1 argument style. Has Joel made some conspiracy and question content in the past? Sure has. That doesn't mean this current offering automatically is.

I was making a satirical post because everyone on these forums wants to automatically assume it is evil white supremacist right wingers are all that is ill with this world like they are the boogeymen. It is called bringing a bit of levity to the discussion. Then the first thing that is responded to the video I posted is that John and Glenn must be evil "conservatives" because since they are black they can't be racists. If I posted one of the numerous videos of people dissecting this info posted in Joel's video and they happened to be white, I am pretty sure the vast majority of posters to the P&N forum these days would call them Nazi's or racists or whatever as well if they had anything positive at all to say about the video. All it takes is a quick look at how even this thread has turned out to show that I am right in this assumption.
Has it ever dawned on you that when the messenger is attacked it is because of the message and quite a bit if the time the messenger just keeps putting out the same old message...thus you attack the messenger!!
That saying -- attack the message and not the messenger is not a 100% true statement!
Why discuss the message if it is a bogus message??

HumblePie

Lifer
Oct 30, 2000
Has it ever dawned on you that when the messenger is attacked it is because of the message and quite a bit if the time the messenger just keeps putting out the same old message...thus you attack the messenger!!
That saying -- attack the message and not the messenger is not a 100% true statement!
Why discuss the message if it is a bogus message??

Do you understand what a logic fallacy is? Let me list the ones you are making.

I'll leave it at that.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
you can leave it where ever you like...that is up to you!
In this case nobody was attacking you! The person in the video doesn`t get a free ride .......
By the way just because somebody characterizes themselves a being a certain way does not mean they are not mischaracterizing themselves....
We have a lot of people on these forums who say they are middle of the road when they are anything but.....so be careful what you post, thinking you are making a point.....swoosh...

Last edited:

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999

When the Mormons come to my door I always listen to every word just in case they want to convert me to Catholicism. I threw out predictive common sense out of a sense of liberal fairness and to insure it never turns our that I am as big a judgmental asshole as conservatives. Shoot first and ask questions later. You would never do that, like state that everyone on this forum automatically assumes blah blah blah.

Atreus21

Lifer
Aug 21, 2007
I don't really care what some people believe. I'm more interested in how you'd act if you were one the people this bullshit seems to always happen to, even if only occasionally, as you seem to believe.

I'd follow the facts as best I could, as I did with the Georgia shooting.

Atreus21

Lifer
Aug 21, 2007
You dont know what "progressives" believe.
You see one angry lesbian make a rant on twitter or youtube and assume millions of people think like her and attack a strawman instead of the actual belief system.

Naturally though, you see through conservative beliefs with unerring clarity and acuity. We're all klansman and Nazis.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Actually since the subject has been brought up, exactly why the hell are so many of you guys sticking up for nazis and klansmen these days?
That alone is fookin disturbing.

Atreus21

Lifer
Aug 21, 2007
Nice strawman you have going there.
Keep it up. Its all you're good at.

Did I mis-characterize the quote below? Weren't you referring to conservatives as "nazi-klansmen"?

you guys need to stop arguing with the nazi-klansmen.
They already have an idea in their head about what happened and its rock solid & unchangeable unless Fox News comes up with a new narrative in which case everything from before is now completely different.

Bickering is pointless, no one here is changing their mind, and the fighting just makes us angry at each other.

Meghan54

Lifer
Oct 18, 2009
I made a tongue'n'cheek mention

My, aren't you the witty one? You've used that lame "tongue'n'cheek" bullshit more than a few times lately to attempt to make your ignorance-laced drivel somehow be acceptable.

Hint: It ain't working, dud.

HumblePie

Lifer
Oct 30, 2000
My, aren't you the witty one? You've used that lame "tongue'n'cheek" bullshit more than a few times lately to attempt to make your ignorance-laced drivel somehow be acceptable.

Hint: It ain't working, dud.

Wow, is vitriol the only thing that you know how to type? I feel pity for you. Come at me when you can actually say something meaningful.

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
The case that set the "hands up don't shoot" narrative for almost a decade now was a fraud. Free now for Corona watching, some boomer con does the journalism no one else bothered to do, look up the actual witness they put up on the stand claiming to be Trayvon's girlfriend.

From the court system to Obama's "my son", this lie had lasting impact, no surprise the msm is sweeping it under the rug.

This is as credible as "Plandemic"

Are you going to post that next?

Please tell me you are.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Naturally though, you see through conservative beliefs with unerring clarity and acuity. We're all klansman and Nazis.

In a sense you are. Sorry to burst your bubble but you are. Now what you do is laugh at my statement cause you KNOW in your hearth that you are no bigot, no racist, no fascist. And that may be true that you believe this through and through to be true. From my line of sight, you are though, a racist. At least to a degree. A bigot. At least to a degree. You cant be a Trump supporter without wearing those badges, its a logical conclusion, it is inescapable if you adhere to rational thought. In my opinion.

Lets examine the first step that is the world of Trumps conservative America.
Birtherism. You know what I am talking about. The entirety of Trumps platform today hinges on the fact that his birtherism campaign was successful. And I make the assumption here that we agree that the birtherism campaign aimed to get support in "a certain segment" of the population.
This is where Trumps base started and evolved from. Racist and bigoted messaging.
You may make the argument today that you can be a Trump supporter even if you think the birtherism campaign was dumb stupid and perhaps even evil.

Would you validate a Nazi in 1944 stating that the jew prosecution and extermination was sort of dumb but what the rest of what Adolf stands for is good stuff? So therefor I am still a Nazi?

You *cant* stand there and wash the racist off and still be a Trumpster.

In my book you cant. *shrugs*. For different values of reality *your* mileage may differ, Im just not there.

(this is just where Trump *started*, there is tons and tons of stuff to add to this narrative as time have passed).

ps. for any real conservative today, I feel sorry for you, you dont have a platform anymore, well, maybe you can donate to Romney, but that is about it.

Last edited:
Reactions: JEDIYoda

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Again, I didn't say it doesn't happen. I said it doesn't pervade American culture as progressives seem to believe.
I have an entire thread filled with this very thing. Try reading it.

This entire episode began with Zimmerman's assumption Trayvon didn't have the right to be in that neighborhood. Assumption based on race.

If GZ had seen a 17 year old Kate Upton walking through that neighborhood he would not have made that same assumption.