The top 26 billionaires own as much as 3.8 billion other people

Jon-T

Jun 5, 2011
And I'm sure each member here owns as much as 15,000-20,000 other people.

brianmanahan

Lifer
Sep 2, 2006
AhDchW2.jpg

highland145

Lifer
Oct 12, 2009
OMG, can I still go out and work/produce/invent/educate my out of $1.99/day of bread?

"NO, you peon. $1.30 for you, you anus wiping leper."

Granted, at some point, all of the ruling class become dictators. "Bernie, 2028"

Last edited:
Reactions: pcgeek11

dasherHampton

Platinum Member
Jan 19, 2018
Yes, it's a problem, but that overstates the issue.

Billions of people in this world would have nothing whether billionaires existed or not.

Reactions: ondma

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Imagine if those rich people actually paid the same percentage of tax as we do. A lot of that money could potentially be reinvested into the economy or at very least, the infrastructure and social services. But may as well also hope that unicorns exist.

highland145

Lifer
Oct 12, 2009
Imagine if those rich people actually paid the same percentage of tax as we do. A lot of that money could potentially be reinvested into the economy or at very least, the infrastructure and social services. But may as well also hope that unicorns exist.
Do you not understand our progressive tax code? 2nd, 15% on investment income, could use some work. 3rd, under $50K and you don't pay a dime (potentially). 4th, pump out a kid or 3 and EITC can get you $3K per kid back when you never paid a dime in. NOT A DIME. 5th, lawmakers will funnel those $$ somewhere else, like the social security/medicare insolvency. 6th, just like the sugar tax proposals...poof and still a bunch of fat people. 7th, give $$/benefits to illegals that suck resources and are a net loss to the economy...

Amen, let's take Bernie's $50M.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Do you not understand our progressive tax code? 2nd, 15% on investment income, could use some work. 3rd, under $50K and you don't pay a dime (potentially). 4th, pump out a kid or 3 and EITC can get you $3K per kid back when you never paid a dime in. NOT A DIME. 5th, lawmakers will funnel those $$ somewhere else, like the social security/medicare insolvency. 6th, just like the sugar tax proposals...poof and still a bunch of fat people. 7th, give $$/benefits to illegals that suck resources and are a net loss to the economy...

Amen, let's take Bernie's $50M.
You're on roll tonight. :D

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
IDK, didn’t it sort of work out in the Middle Ages?

It worked for a while, when you kept the peasants ignorant and disease-ridden, living in the slop, for generations on end. They were too sick or dead and too stupid and too thoroughly convinced that their God had demanded it be that way.

...then they learned to read and eventually a lot of heads started rolling. I guess this is kinda what we are voting for again?

Reactions: brianmanahan

Stopsignhank

Platinum Member
Mar 1, 2014
It worked for a while, when you kept the peasants ignorant and disease-ridden, living in the slop, for generations on end. They were too sick or dead and too stupid and too thoroughly convinced that their God had demanded it be that way.

...then they learned to read and eventually a lot of heads started rolling. I guess this is kinda what we are voting for again?
And somehow our billionaire president has managed to convince the peasants that he is one of them.... Too P&N?

BudAshes

Lifer
Jul 20, 2003
Well Jesus did say you had to have atleast a billion dollars of net worth in US currency to make it to heaven. They can't just be letting everyone in you know.

FerrelGeek

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2009
Funny thing. If you look at the list of the richest people in the US, most of them are on the political left.

FerrelGeek

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2009
Their politics doesn't concern me per se. They're perfectly welcome to give their $Bs to the .gov to achieve proper income distribution or whatever. They'll all make sure to buy the needed votes in congress to make sure that their investments aren't over taxed. After all their wealth is in their investments, not in earned income.

So are you willing to tax them more now?