The tonight show...

ThisIsMatt

Banned
Aug 4, 2000
Yup, Letterman is just lame, no talent (must be some long contract or something), and Conan is stupidly funny, but it gets old...quick...

pidge

Banned
Oct 10, 1999
Leno has gotten to liberal lately and not that funny. Conan is the best IMHO although I miss having Andy in the show.

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Conan is the best followed closely by Leno. Letterman and Kilborn suck goat balls

Napalm381

Platinum Member
Oct 10, 1999
Whenever I try to give Leno a chance and watch his show, I just sit there without laughing for several minutes at a time. He laughs at his own jokes too much in the monologue, his skits and such don't involve anywhere near as many staffers, his audience interaction is weak, Paul is about 10 times funnier than Kevin can ever hope to be, and finally, Jay just plain blows at interviewing.

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Paul is a little puppet.

"Heah heah ha ha ha he. That's funny, heh heh heh...No your current events. Heh heh heh"

Yeah funny...suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure :)

slipperyslope

Banned
Oct 10, 1999
Jay blows at interviewing?????? David Letterman is the WORST interviewer I have ever seen in my life.....

Jim

Napalm381

Platinum Member
Oct 10, 1999
Paul gets involved in the skits more, and is quicker on his feet. Kevin just reads the script. At least Paul doesn't just sit there on his ass and laugh maniacally at anything Dave says like Kevin. Plus Paul can sing.

pidge

Banned
Oct 10, 1999
Paul is one of the reasons I don't watch David Letterman. His singing drivers me nuts. How did this guy get to lead a band?

NikPreviousAcct

No Lifer
Aug 15, 2000

<< Jay doesn't get flashed by Drew Berrymore >>

Just knowing that Letterman had to suffer through that ugly freak's nakedness is almost enough to switch to Leno.

But, nope. Leno just isn't funny. He's not crude. He's not creative. His second-rate jokes are funny only to people who don't have a sense of humor.

slipperyslope

Banned
Oct 10, 1999

<< Plus Jay never got flashed by Drew Barrymore >>

Now I will have to give that one to you. That was awesome. I might be weird but damn she is so hot.

Jim

KidViciou$

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
ummmmm, Kevin plays the guitar. Paul sucks, i used to BUST out laughing when they made fun of the letterman show on SNL. norm played an EXCELLENT letterman, and whoever did paul did a good job.

kilborne sucks, always have, always will

Watersnake

Mar 25, 2000
tonight show is the best...........when you look at jay leno u just start laughing irrespective of what he says.

woodie1

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2000
I'm a Leno fan too but more and more his jokes seem to be rather lame. His political humor is really bad. Still...Letterman doesn't do anything but sit there and make funny (to some) faces. What's that all about?

Napalm381

Platinum Member
Oct 10, 1999
Lots of Lettermans humor is very cynical or sarcastic...the other nite they were blowing up inner tubes and soccer balls outside, and joking that this is the best an award winning show can do. Hmmmm, I forgot to mention that, Letterman wins the Emmys over Jay.

Plus Dave has the ComposTumbler!

<< It gives me more compost, when I need it.
It's just unbelievable!
>>

radiocore

Golden Member
Aug 25, 2000
Conan all the way, although it is definitely lacking Andy's presence. Those two were great together. Funny skits too.

BigSmooth

Lifer
Aug 18, 2000
Leno is awful. I can't watch his monologues, because they are painfully unfunny. The skits also suck. The only good thing about The Tonight Show is the &quot;Headlines&quot; thing on Monday and the fact that they usually can book bigger stars.

Conan is no stand-up, but he knows it. His monologues are short but sweet, so he has more time for the skits, which are usually hilarious. Conan's self-deprecating humor/interviewing style is just funnier than Leno's high-pitched blather. If only NBC would switch their time slots...

KidViciou$

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
i would also have ot say that conan is funniest, but leno is pretty funny too. i like conan when he makes himself look pittiful, hahahah

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

<< Conan's self-deprecating humor/interviewing style is just funnier than Leno's high-pitched blather. >>

Damn straight! ;)

&quot;Sure, I'm tall and pasty...I go to the beach and people run for cover when I take off my shirt!&quot; ;)

And last night:

&quot;We got passed over for an Emmy for the fifth straight year. You hear that folks? Five times. We're just that awful. We have defied probablity. Einstein is probably laughing at me right now. Let's make it 6 years in a row. I'm begging for 6 years yeah!&quot;

ltk007

Banned
Feb 24, 2000
Conan all the way. I miss Andy but Conan knows what he's doing. Did anyone see Andy at the begining of the emmys?? FUNNY AS HELL!!!

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

<< Did anyone see Andy at the begining of the emmys?? FUNNY AS HELL!!! >>

No, what happend????? :D

ltk007

Banned
Feb 24, 2000
I would tell you but I'm not as funny as Andy and I forget exactly what he said. I'd butcher the joke. Look for a clip, I'm sure they are out there.