The Titanic (1997)

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

bctbct

Diamond Member
Dec 22, 2005
Originally posted by: Perknose
Originally posted by: bctbct
My grandmother was an actual survivor.

really?
Yes. And she was extensively interviewed and mentioned by name several times in Walter Lord's book A Night To Remember. My parents and my grandmom had tickets to the 1958 Phila. premiere of the movie by the same name.

AND, I have in my possession a blanket that my Dad had always thought had come from the Carpathia, but which experts from the Clearwater chapter (sic) of the Titanic society said came from the Titanic itself.

cool story, her name wasnt Rose was it? :)

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
My grandmother was an actual survivor.

really?
Yes. And she was extensively interviewed and mentioned by name several times in Walter Lord's book A Night To Remember. My parents and my grandmom had tickets to the 1958 Phila. premiere of the movie by the same name.

AND, I have in my possession a blanket that my Dad had always thought had come from the Carpathia, but which experts from the Clearwater chapter (sic) of the Titanic society said came from the Titanic itself.

cool story, her name wasnt Rose was it? :)
Haha, no, it was Victorine.

Dumac

Diamond Member
Dec 31, 2005
Originally posted by: spidey07
Originally posted by: Regs
Fine,

Bring up one of the ony movies to bring tears to my eyes. I'm a hardass but boy does that pull my heartstrings. Great flick.

I almost blew it at the end of "The Last Samurai"

Hey, i love a good movie. If a movie makes me cry then so be it. There are a few that do. But when they do, the waterworks come out.

Titanic is one of them.

A few movies have made me cry, such as The Green Mile and, to my suprise, Click.

mugs

Lifer
Apr 29, 2003
Originally posted by: Dumac
Originally posted by: Regs
Fine,

Bring up one of the ony movies to bring tears to my eyes. I'm a hardass but boy does that pull my heartstrings. Great flick.

I almost blew it at the end of "The Last Samurai"

Hey, i love a good movie. If a movie makes me cry then so be it. There are a few that do. But when they do, the waterworks come out.

Titanic is one of them.

A few movies have made me cry, such as The Green Mile and, to my suprise, Click.

Cool Runnings :thumbsup:

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
I'm truly surprised nobody's calling shens. :shocked:

AznAnarchy99

Lifer
Dec 6, 2004
Click and The Last Samurai brought tears to my eyes..in the case of Click, it was more like waterfalls

Dumac

Diamond Member
Dec 31, 2005
Originally posted by: AznAnarchy99
Click and The Last Samurai brought tears to my eyes..in the case of Click, it was more like waterfalls

No one warned me Click had depth. I was expect to laugh a lot at Adam Sandler! They never attempt to market any depth in the commercials lol.