The throw...

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000
Aha, baseball.
Somewhat drawn out game that often takes way too long, once in a while an epic play does come along though, this was one of those times, that ball had to have exceeded over 100 MPH to get that far, that fast and stone-cold perfect aim. Runner must have seen it as an easy triple....NOT!.

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000
Thats a great toss.

In my lifetime of watching baseball this will always be "the throw" for me, mainly because I was watching the game live.

Yep, another timeless peg, What made Renfro's play epic was where he uncorked it from, center field in Fenway is really, really deep. To Ichiro's credit he was probably all of 160lbs soaking wet but had an arm of many men much larger/stronger than him. Laser accuracy helps a lot too!.

Reactions: skyking

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
Somewhat drawn out game that often takes way too long, once in a while an epic play does come along though, this was one of those times, that ball had to have exceeded over 100 MPH to get that far, that fast and stone-cold perfect aim. Runner must have seen it as an easy triple....NOT!.
At least they fucking play most of the time. Unlike football, where a 60-minute game takes 3 - 4 hours because of all the fucking timeout stalling. Basketball 2 - 3 hours to play 48 minutes. What pussy sports, that need a break every 40 seconds.

brianmanahan

Lifer
Sep 2, 2006
man that was a beaut

i played with a CF who could throw from the outfield fence to home plate in a bounce, and somehow make it look effortless

i wonder what ever happened to that guy... haven't seen him in 23 years

rmacd02

Nov 24, 2015
Didn't hurt that he also hit the game winning 2run HR as well.

Disclosure, I am a die hard Red Sox fan since I was 9yrs old. Since about 1972.

Damn, I am old.

Reactions: BUTCH1