The Terrible Logic Of Nukes

Draco

Golden Member
Oct 10, 1999
I was just reading the latest TIME, and the last article in the issue was very good. Worth the read I think. Makes some good points... maybe unprovoked war with IRAQ is the best choice.

The Terrible Logic Of Nukes

UltraQuiet

Banned
Sep 22, 2001
Sounds a lot like what some very smart guy said in a different thread a few days ago:

Did you miss that thing called the Gulf War? Do you think that if he goes unchecked, is allowed to continue to develop his WMD that the next time he won't stop with Kuwait? Maybe he'll try his luck with Iran again? or Saudi Arabia? Yemen? Oman? What do you think that would do to the flow of oil? Should we wait until he is firmly ensconced in one of those countries, with a more advanced WMD, and have to throw him out? I would say the cost of that in casualties would be lots higher than a premptive strike. I won't mention the terrorists activities they have taken part in.

Make the case, build the coalition, effect the change.

NikPreviousAcct

No Lifer
Aug 15, 2000
The man is a homocidal maniac. I mean, seriously... testing nerve gas on his personal guards and their families to see what it would do to people unaware? The man is insane. If he actually gets his hands on nukes or finds a way to develope them on his own, the world is in some SERIOUS trouble!!

nik

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
Did you miss that thing called the Gulf War? Do you think that if he goes unchecked, is allowed to continue to develop his WMD that the next time he won't stop with Kuwait? Maybe he'll try his luck with Iran again? or Saudi Arabia? Yemen? Oman? What do you think that would do to the flow of oil? Should we wait until he is firmly ensconced in one of those countries, with a more advanced WMD, and have to throw him out? I would say the cost of that in casualties would be lots higher than a premptive strike. I won't mention the terrorists activities they have taken part in.
sounds like an FP realist. teddy roosevelt is proud.