The swiftech killer has been released

Binar

Banned
Dec 21, 2000

Binar

Banned
Dec 21, 2000
I don't really understand your questions.But if you ask me why did I give you this links(to another forums) is because you can't find more reviews out there about this heatsink.It just been released 3 days ago.And on this forum I've gave you the link you can read some interesting things about this new heatsink.Also even Joe and Ed from www.overclockers.comand the designer of this heatsink is posting in one of the threads.

WarCon

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2001
It finally looks like a few brain cells were put into a heatsink design.....:D

J/K there are alot of good designs, but making all the fan housing part of heatsink was really smart.

baldy

Apr 21, 2000
Binar,

Swiftech Killer??? Hardly, good to very good, yes. Cheaper than the Swiftech, by a long shot again, yes.

A good comprimise for the enthusiast, again a resounding yes, but certainly NOT a MC462 killer.

Get real. Uh, I have a MC462 on the way.

baldy

WarCon

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2001
Its not a killer, but now there's another heatsink in the .13-.18 C/W range, and its not huge and its not terribly noisy like the Gladiator is in order to be a good heatsink. And its only half the cost. Maybe not a killer, but um I think if I was faced with the choice of buying a heatsink that performs the same or almost but is half the cost. Well the answer is pretty obvious. Competition rocks........:D

xcourse

Feb 9, 2001
It has to be out for a while before it can be called a killer of anything. I have an MC-462A, loud-ash Delta fan included, and like it; and I realize that progress is the name of this game, and that the current king of the hill won't be on top for very long before being replaced. Maybe this HS is the next unit on top, but at least make it earn its reputation!

acexg1

Feb 24, 2001
Binar:
A. I only asked one question, and
B. I was asking why you had this in Cases & Cooling also. Isn't two copies unnecessary?

Binar

Banned
Dec 21, 2000
As i was comparing watts at each test it seems that the millenium glaciator is cooling better than swiftech 462.I seen where swiftech on a 78 watt system was reaching 41c and at 71 watt 35c.At overclockers.com they show a 83watt system at 39c with a cpu temp even lower.
Also the price is cut in a half,and no more deaf AMD users

Cosmo3

Dec 25, 2000
Did you see the weight on that thing? It will probably lose contact with the cpu or tear the cpu socket off the motherboard. I will stick with my Swiftech MC 462 thank you.

Demon-Xanth

Lifer
Feb 15, 2000
So when are MB manufacters gonna put the socket on the bottom of the board so we can use the backplane as a heatsink?