The Stars and Stripes

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
For those who don't know, it's a daily newspaper available (still?) cheaply (used to be 10cents or 15 cents, I forget) to American servicemen and women pretty much everywhere they are. It's a decent paper, funded in part by Congress. Now, the Trumpistas are trying to end that funding, because they are shits who fear the truth, imho.

It was from the Stars and Stripes that I first fucking learned that 50,000 American troops were running around in Russia after the formal end of WWI, on the side of the White Russians. o_O

It needs to be saved, and it looks like there is a degree of bi-partisan support in Congress. I hope it is.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Same thing they are doing with Voice of America. Basically, if Trump can’t have his people in an agency shielding him and showering him with praise, then he will stop funding that agency and turn it to shit.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Same thing they are doing with Voice of America. Basically, if Trump can’t have his people in an agency shielding him and showering him with praise, then he will stop funding that agency and turn it to shit.
Truth, and free expression are poison to Trump.

I mean, how can you MAGA with all these deep state actors trying to bring you down at every turn.

Last edited:

iRONic

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2006
For those who don't know, it's a daily newspaper available (still?) cheaply (used to be 10cents or 15 cents, I forget) to American servicemen and women pretty much everywhere they are. It's a decent paper, funded in part by Congress. Now, the Trumpistas are trying to end that funding, because they are shits who fear the truth, imho.

It was from the Stars and Stripes that I first fucking learned that 50,000 American troops were running around in Russia after the formal end of WWI, on the side of the White Russians. o_O

It needs to be saved, and it looks like there is a degree of bi-partisan support in Congress. I hope it is.
I'm an Air Force brat. Wherever we lived that paper was next to my dad's chair, on our kitchen table, or next to the throne.

Reactions: skyking