"The sorrows of Empire"

Witling

Golden Member
Jul 30, 2003
Correctly Linkified.

To save time for those on the left or right, the article is a left wing hit piece. I happen to agree with it, but it's still a left wing hit piece. Skip the ad at the top and go directly to the article.

HardWarrior

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2004
Originally posted by: xxxxxJohnGaltxxxxx
Originally posted by: HardWarrior
I might try to read this book.

Reading isn't that hard; you just have to e-n-u-n-c-i-a-t-e...think of the little train that could.

Well aren't YOU a charmer? Sort of inane and silly, but sweet.

Witling

Golden Member
Jul 30, 2003
yeah, Galt's a charmer. Keep a loose track of how often he offers information -- unless you consider his opinion "information."

HardWarrior

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2004
Originally posted by: Witling
yeah, Galt's a charmer. Keep a loose track of how often he offers information -- unless you consider his opinion "information."

:D I'll do that...

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001

I'm impressed that you didn't fly off the handle and threaten to kick his ass. Looks like you are learning;)

HardWarrior

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2004
Originally posted by: Red Dawn

I'm impressed that you didn't fly off the handle and threaten to kick his ass. Looks like you are learning;)

I'm just as impressed that you seem so into my emotional state, RD. Understand, I didn't start it with that prick CAD, my dislike for him was born in another thread entirely. I said what I thought was appropriate and will gladly ignore him from this point. It amazes me that so many of you think a simple statement like "I'd like to kick your ass!" is SO provacative in a venue like this. After all, many of you (not you personally) spend a GREAT deal of time trying to come up with what some people would see as far more personal attacks on the intellects of others.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001

I'm just as impressed that you seem so into my emotional state, RD. Understand, I didn't start it with that prick CAD, my dislike for him was born in another thread entirely. I said what I thought was appropriate and will gladly ignore him from this point. It amazes me that so many of you think a simple statement like "I'd like to kick your ass!" is SO provacative in a venue like this. After all, many of you (not you personally) spend a GREAT deal of time trying to come up with what some people would see as far more personal attacks on the intellects of others.
A simple "Thank You" would have sufficed;)

Corn

Diamond Member
Nov 12, 1999

He seems to be a quicker study than 3-shot. ;)

Witling

Golden Member
Jul 30, 2003
Gee, I wasn't aware of the "ass kicking" statement. It's my belief that this forum tolerates a lot more abusive posts than some of the others -- and I think that's appropriate. But I draw the line at even wishful thinking about "ass kicking." As Harry Truman is reported to have said, "If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.

HardWarrior

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2004

A simple "Thank You" would have sufficed;)

hehehe, okay, thanks RD! :cool:

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Gee, I wasn't aware of the "ass kicking" statement. It's my belief that this forum tolerates a lot more abusive posts than some of the others -- and I think that's appropriate. But I draw the line at even wishful thinking about "ass kicking." As Harry Truman is reported to have said, "If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.

Yeah, HW got his little feelings hurt from a comment suggesting he might still be in school. Then later he said he'd really like to kick my ass. I peed my pants and went running to mommy:p
rolleye.gif

Hope you make it through that book HW.;)

CkG

HardWarrior

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2004

Oh come now. How pompous is THIS? Your line, your pencil, right? That punkass picked at me for two days. I don't recall you jumping in and suggesting that he stop, Witling. But HERE you are, qouting Truman like a fop. For such a sterling group of intellectuals, some of you are real tight-asses. I explained myself ONCE. If it didn't suit the overly-rarified among you, too bad.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com

Oh come now. How pompous is THIS? Your line, your pencil, right? That punkass picked at me for two days. I don't recall you jumping in and suggesting that he stop, Witling. But HERE you are, qouting Truman like a fop. For such a sterling group of intellectuals, some of you are real tight-asses. I explained myself ONCE. If it didn't suit the overly-rarified among you, too bad.

You equate asking you to back up your assertion with data with "picked at me for two days"?
rolleye.gif

Grow up. Do your own research and don't post assertions like you did without something to back them up.

Now please go buy that book so you can take a step back from your computer. It sounds like you need a break.(IMO ofcourse;)) It looks like it should be an interestingly written book.:)

CkG

Witling

Golden Member
Jul 30, 2003
Gee, HW. Is everyone who quotes Truman a fop or is there something special about the way I quoted him that made me a like a fop? I thought one didn't get to be a fop until they started quoting Truman Capote.

Enjoy your stay. We certainly will.
rolleye.gif
One of the very few times I've agreed with CAD.

Jan 12, 2003
Originally posted by: HardWarrior Understand, I didn't start it with that prick CAD, my dislike for him was born in another thread entirely.

...gee, this brings tears to my eye; how quickly they learn from the "elite" members.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: HardWarrior Understand, I didn't start it with that prick CAD, my dislike for him was born in another thread entirely.

...gee, this brings tears to my eye; how quickly they learn from the "elite" members.
One more comment about Elite Members and I'm going to Bitch Slap you from here to Nantuket!!:D

HardWarrior

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2004

One more comment about Elite Members and I'm going to Bitch Slap you from here to Nantuket!!:D

I'm elite now??? And here I just thought I was getting into the swing of things...

:)

HardWarrior

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2004
Gee, HW. Is everyone who quotes Truman a fop or is there something special about the way I quoted him that made me a like a fop? I thought one didn't get to be a fop until they started quoting Truman Capote.

Enjoy your stay. We certainly will.
rolleye.gif
One of the very few times I've agreed with CAD.

No, just you, and for purposes of this thread only. I hope to, thanks. At least I know that I'm not the only one who sees CAD as the smarmy hunk of crap he is.

:beer:

Edit: Your colorless go at sarcasm didn't escape me.... :)