THE SERIAL JOKE --And the liars who tell it.

DesignDawg

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Hey all,

Well, I'm pissed now. Just watching Conan, and Bill SHATner is on there. Well, he started telling a little story about something that recently "happened to him." --Except it is an old joke, and it did NOT happen to him. As a matter of fact, just a couple of weeks ago, Lou Diamond Phillips or John Leguizamo or somebody [edit: It was Marc Anthony. Thanks cruisin1] was on Leno telling the EXACT SAME STORY, and acting like it happened to HIM recently!

For those of you who don't know, it's the rabbit joke....I found my dog shaking the neighbor's rabbit to death. I took the rabbit, cleaned it up, blew it dry, fluffed it up, put it back in the hutch next door. Neighbor came home, I heard a shout, asked what happened, and the neighbor told me that the rabbit had died a week ago, and now it's all clean again and back in its cage.

Heard it? ME TOO. Twice this month! --And no telling HOW MANY TIMES before that! So what's with these losers? Do they really not have anything better going on in their celebrity lives than to have to fill time on talk shows ACTING LIKE this old-ass joke is a story from their lives? Geez! And you'd think that they'd know it's an old joke and people will know they are lying.

Lordy lordy. Next thing you know, we'll have Jim Carrey on telling us about how he caught his chickens crossing the road the other day, only to find out that their only motive was to get to the other side.:(

Ricky
DesignDawg

DesignDawg

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Hehe....I bet the next post will be WombatWoman telling me how she originally wrote that joke back in the early 80's in the Mensa bulletin. ;)

Ricky
DesignDawg

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com
DesignDawg, you watched Conan interviewing William Shatner and you are complaining because you heard a warmed over joke? LOL :D

Did it occur to you these people are actors? Like what do you expect?

E-mail Jim Carrey, quick! He is a COMEDIAN as well as an ACTOR! He is not chicken to do fowl jokes.

DesignDawg

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999

<< not chicken to do fowl jokes >>

Ouch. I can smell that one from here! ;)

Isaac Asimov, huh? OK, WombatFlanagan.:)

Ricky
DesignDawg

zippy

Diamond Member
Nov 10, 1999
Heh, there was a speaker at my house of worship on time (Temple...I'm Jewish) and he told some good stories that really did happen to him. One week later the principal of the lil school there (after regular school...) starts telling these stories as if they happened to him...to basically the same crowd (he was filling in for the Rabbi, he had some family issues that week...son was in the hospital)

I just turned to my mom and said, &quot;Didn't we hear this...&quot; She said, &quot;Yes, last week...&quot;

:D

highme

Golden Member
Apr 22, 2000
That was actually part of one of the last 90210 episodes too.

I don't watch it. My wife does. Every time she turns it on, I sit down at a forum, much more entertaining. Which means I get a bunch of un-nagged internet time because it's on 3 times a day at least.

reitz

Elite Member
Oct 11, 1999
My mom repeated that story to me at least ten years ago. She had heard it as the &quot;true&quot; story of what happened to the neighbor of one of her friends.

Smells like an urban legend...

Cruisin1

Golden Member
Oct 10, 1999
Design Dawg get your people straight :p the guy who told that story on leno was not Lou Diamond Phillips or John Leguizamo.. hehehe... The guy is hispanic so I guess you were close, but come on how can you mix them up with Marc Anthony?!

DesignDawg

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Hehe. YES. It was Marc Anthony. My memory is kinda bad sometimes. All I knew was that it was a Latino entertainer that somehow annoys the HELL out of me.:) Thanks for correcting me. --Doesn't make it any better, though.

Ricky
DesignDawg

DesignDawg

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
I would hope that Hollywood insider-type private jokes would be:

a) A little more &quot;insider&quot; and &quot;private&quot;
and
b) A little less STALE.

:)

Ricky
DesignDawg