The secret backstory of how Obama let Hezbollah off the hook

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

bshole

Diamond Member
Mar 12, 2013
Weighing the decision is a moral choice which is subjective to each person, but the total lack of reporting on this from anyone is pretty telling. This should be and is big news no matter what your opinion of the decision is. It’s being swept under the rug.

A total lack of reporting? If there was no reporting, how are you in here talking about it?

Perhaps there was not as much reporting as you would like but that is different. Given the absolute devastation that the Republicans have laid unto America in the last month, it is rather understandable.

I realize you guys have a hard-on for the Middle East and really really really want to get more Americans into the meatgrinder. Many of us don't share that same level of bloodlust.

Reactions: jana519

snarfbot

Jul 22, 2007
Were the incidents on the same scale though? Your comment suggests they are equivalent. I'm going to have to say bypassing an arms embargo and selling thousands of missiles to Iran is a tad more egregious than telling the Feds to lay off on the cocaine trafficking/money laundering investigation.

Reagan was a bit before my time but, to be fair, I don't think the beef most liberals my age have with Reagan was his Iran Contra scandal....

Well it should be! He and his cronies profited from the drug trade and made arms deals with terrorists. It's illegal, treasonous even, not to mention unconstitutional. His economic policies were the least of his problems.

jana519

Jul 12, 2014
Well it should be! He and his cronies profited from the drug trade and made arms deals with terrorists. It's illegal, treasonous even, not to mention unconstitutional. His economic policies were the least of his problems.

What arms deals are you referring to?

brandonbull

Diamond Member
May 3, 2005
A total lack of reporting? If there was no reporting, how are you in here talking about it?

Perhaps there was not as much reporting as you would like but that is different. Given the absolute devastation that the Republicans have laid unto America in the last month, it is rather understandable.

I realize you guys have a hard-on for the Middle East and really really really want to get more Americans into the meatgrinder. Many of us don't share that same level of bloodlust.

I seem to remember Obama and the gang destabilizing countries as well.

Reactions: Phynaz

bshole

Diamond Member
Mar 12, 2013
I seem to remember Obama and the gang destabilizing countries as well.

Yes he did and they were wrong as all hell Are you really going to use Obama's worst decisions on foreign policy as a model for how American should proceed in foreign affairs?

Do you want war or do you want America OUT?

Reactions: ch33zw1z

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
good thing obama got that peace prize

The agreement with Iran is a big step in the right direction. We were even making nice with the Russians until they exploited Ukrainian weakness in Crimea & even worse in the Donbass, the latter simply being naked military aggression.

snarfbot

Jul 22, 2007
The agreement with Iran is a big step in the right direction. We were even making nice with the Russians until they exploited Ukrainian weakness in Crimea & even worse in the Donbass, the latter simply being naked military aggression.

yes yes, his peace prize was well deserved, drumpf is a nazi blah blah blah

snarfbot

Jul 22, 2007
Deliberately obtuse often?

did you know that until 1974 the nobel peace prize could be awarded posthumously? well they changed that rule, so unless they change it back ronald reagan will never receive one for his part in the iran contra affair. what a shame. and to think, obama got one after 9 short months! he is truly privileged.

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999
did you know that until 1974 the nobel peace prize could be awarded posthumously? well they changed that rule, so unless they change it back ronald reagan will never receive one for his part in the iran contra affair. what a shame. and to think, obama got one after 9 short months! he is truly privileged.

148832114128_-_Schiff.jpg

lol. yeah. it's a shame... :D

Reactions: ch33zw1z

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

And so what? When the Nobel committee awards any President the Peace prize it's not like they can refuse, is it? What's he supposed to say?

It's not like he could put in for it, either, you know? It's utterly beyond his control.

Their reasoning- https://www.nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/peace/laureates/2009/obama-facts.html

I'm trying to figure out what that has to do with Hezbollah, Iran & Ronald Reagan, anyway. You tell me.

snarfbot

Jul 22, 2007
bro you are the one being deliberately obtuse, its the subject of the entire thread. why are you even posting in it if you cant follow the conversation? go on pretending not to understand to protect your delicate pet argument.

oh snarfbots being obtuse, waa. im jhhnn and i post in threads about things and i pretend not to be aware of the similarities of said things with other things, but i still for some reason respond to posts containing said similarities because im a troll. waa.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
bro you are the one being deliberately obtuse, its the subject of the entire thread. why are you even posting in it if you cant follow the conversation? go on pretending not to understand to protect your delicate pet argument.

oh snarfbots being obtuse, waa. im jhhnn and i post in threads about things and i pretend not to be aware of the similarities of said things with other things, but i still for some reason respond to posts containing said similarities because im a troll. waa.

You should leave the word salad to Trump simply because he's much better at it.

Prioritizing nuclear non proliferation over drug smuggling was obviously the right thing to do. The opportunity to stop proliferation wouldn't last forever & drug smugglers will always be around.

Well, unless you think nuclear weapons proliferation is better...