The Season Finale for "This is Us." Quite possible the most moving TV series for me of all time.

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
Being nearly 55 years old and having lost both my parents this series just tore me up. Never has a TV series rendered me so utterly devastated emotionally as this one did.

Hands down this series was one of the best in the history of TV in my opinion.

The last episode was almost EXACTLY how my brothers and sister and I watched our own mother pass. I'm an Army vet. I've been in combat. But this series absolutely has me bawling my eyes out.
What are your thoughts?

Zeze

Lifer
Mar 4, 2011
I remember the show at its peak.. it was good but couldn't take Mandy Moore's makeup seriously.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
I'm 58 and both my parents have also passed away in the last few years.... it's rough sometimes no doubt.

However while I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed this particular TV series (which to be fair I know next to nothing about) I tend to avoid watching fictional stuff that makes me sad or strongly reminds me of stuff that made me sad in the past.

Real-life provides PLENTY of chances to cry like it or not .... as a direct result the older I get the more I appreciate "happy/inspirational" stories.

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
I'm 58 and both my parents have also passed away in the last few years.... it's rough sometimes no doubt.

However while I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed this particular TV series (which to be fair I know next to nothing about) I tend to avoid watching fictional stuff that makes me sad or strongly reminds me of stuff that made me sad in the past.

Real-life provides PLENTY of chances to cry like it or not .... as a direct result the older I get the more I appreciate "happy/inspirational" stories.

Maybe I'm getting sappy in my old age. But this show was both heart warming, happy and sad all the way through. And did so in a way no other show ever has. It was simply an amazing journey.

Reactions: Captante

JM Aggie08

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2006
I watched the first season while my ma was going through (and ultimately passed from) cancer.

Couldn't watch it anymore. Great show.

Reactions: Amused