The search for a new case! Halp?

Freddy1765

May 3, 2011
I've got a small upgrade-itch that I want to sate by getting a new case for my system (in sig). It's entirely air-cooled, so I'm looking for a case with excellent airflow.

It has to be an ATX mid-tower that will fit three Noctua NF-A14s in the front, which means it can't have a 5.25'' bay. Obviously needs decent cable-management features and generally nice build quality.
I wouldn't mind paying upwards of 150 euro for something that ticks all the boxes, but even then it's been difficult to find something worthwhile.

I've already looked at the Define S, which seems alright, but I would prefer to get something different (I've got the Define Arc Midi currently).
Most cases seem to only house three 120mm fans, but I'm hoping someone knows of any other options.

Thanks.

nerp

Diamond Member
Dec 31, 2005
Poke around Lian-Li's offerings. They have tremendous build quality and many have exactly what you need in terms of room and airflow. Plus they look sharp without tacky juvenile lighting schemes and silly cladding.

Essence_of_War

Platinum Member
Feb 21, 2013
It has to be an ATX mid-tower that will fit three Noctua NF-A14s in the front, which means it can't have a 5.25'' bay.

Just to double check, those are 140mm square brackets right? That actually might be a tall order for an ATX mid-tower.

I really like the Enthoo Pro that squirrel dog recommended, but that is 1) A full tower, 2) has only 2x 140mm front fan mounts.

Is the 3x 140mm front fan mounts a deal-breaker for you?

Freddy1765

May 3, 2011
It is indeed a very tall order! So far the only case I've found that accommodates three 140mm fans is the Define S; and yes, they're square brackets.

It is pretty important to be honest, not least because I won't feel the new case offers a substantial advantage over my existing Arc Midi R2 if it still only houses two front fans.
Since I already own a bunch of 140mm Noctuas, buying even more 120mm ones isn't an option either.

It seems I'll either have to wait for new cases to be released during the year, or just get the Define S. At least it appears to be a pretty good case.

Last edited: