The science behind the Floyd Landis case.

Fausto

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2000
Cyclingnews.com article.

News feature, October 20, 2006

The science behind the Landis case

Floyd Landis has been on the defensive since news of his positive dope test was leaked just following the Tour de France. He's been tried in the court of public opinion, but now that he has the data from the test, he's taking the facts of the case to the people. Making his case public could be a telling preemptive strike for Floyd Landis and his legal team as they prepare for the battle ahead. But how sound are their arguments? Laura Weislo analyses the controversial dope test that allegedly showed Landis used testosterone during the Tour de France, as well the Landis team's legal strategy.

SaltBoy

Diamond Member
Aug 13, 2001
I've never been a conspiracy theorist before but I really think something's amiss in the case of Landis.

Of course, I have no evidence - I'll leave that to his attorney - but I believe somebody in Europe wants an American who won the Tour de France to take a fall. They couldn't get Armstrong, so they'll do all they can to get Landis.

Fausto

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2000
You might be right, but then Floyd has never rubbed people the wrong way like Lance. He's well-liked in almost all the cycling circles.

freegeeks

Diamond Member
May 7, 2001
I read the spreadsheet slides and if you don't have a scientific background (like I do), it's all chinese to me. I'm a tech geek so I only noticed that the dude used a standard powerpoint template to present his case :p

Has the WADA or the French lab made a statement yet?

Fausto

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2000
Originally posted by: freegeeks
I read the spreadsheet slides and if you don't have a scientific background (like I do), it's all chinese to me. I'm a tech geek so I only noticed that the dude used a standard powerpoint template to present his case :p

Has the WADA or the French lab made a statement yet?

Not that I'm aware. We won't hear much more until this goes to trial I think.

sash1

Diamond Member
Jul 20, 2001
:beer: here's to hoping he's innocent. been watching the tour de france every year ever since Lance entered the scene. i love waking up early to watch it, i truly love the sport. i hope it gets cleaned up. i still think he's innocent, but i guess we'll see.

Fausto

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2000
I think very few in pro cycling are "innocent", but I also don't think he jacked himself up on testosterone to win that stage.