The Running Man by Stephen King - Good book?

Yeeny

Lifer
Feb 2, 2000
I have read the Running Man. Its not one of his better ones, but its not bad. Can you read any novel, or does it have to be that one?

FrogDog

Diamond Member
Jan 12, 2000
No I can pick any novel. But I have to read it in less than a month and I'm kinda slow :)

I was thinking about 'The Eye Of The Dragon' as well. I've already read The Dark Tower series, Thinner and a few others.

yakko

Lifer
Apr 18, 2000
It is far better than the movie but I would recomend Roadwork or The Long Walk first.

Yeeny

Lifer
Feb 2, 2000
Eye of the Dragon rocks! It is one of my favorite books by Stephen King, and I am a huge fan. If you liked the Gunslinger series, you will like that one. Also, when you get the free time, read The Stand. That is the best one he ever did, but it is huge.

FrogDog

Diamond Member
Jan 12, 2000
Oh yeah I read the stand! That book is awesome...next to The Dark Tower/Gunslinger series it's my fave. It took me half a year to read though! :)

lowtech1

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2000

The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon

The Eyes of the Dragon

The Long Walk

The Dark Tower I: The Gunslinger

The Dark Tower II: The Drawing of the Three

The Dark Tower III: The Waste Lands

The Shawshank Redemption

thedarkwolf

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 1999
I agree with Johnlee the Long Walk was better but the Running Man's end was especially nice in a blood ang "guts" :p sorda way.

BTW if you liked the Stand then check out McCammon's Swan Song. Its the same sorda thing only way different :).

Yeeny

Lifer
Feb 2, 2000
Swan Song is a really good book. It is a lot like The Stand, and once I started reading it, I could not stop. Great, now that you got me talking about books, I may never be quiet. ;)

Does anyone know when Stephen Kings new book to the Gunslinger series will be out? The last one I read was Wizards and Glass, and I am really looking forward to reading the next one.

lowtech1

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2000
GirlFriday,

Do you mean The Dark Tower V: The Crawling Shadow

I think SK going to start it some time in January 2001.

lowtech1

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2000

No problem :)

It is not too hard for me to find out info on SK, because my best friend is a SK fan (he own every SK book except for The Plant)

yakko

Lifer
Apr 18, 2000
lowtech,

You mean he has not wriiten any part of it yet? I remember reading that at least one part of Wizard and Glass was written around 1970.

GirlFriday,

Like you're ever quiet anyway. hehe

Sacotool

Platinum Member
Feb 26, 2000
I just finished reading Pet Semetary last night, great book! I also read Thinner last month which was pretty good.

My favorite King books are the older ones, like Christine, Geralds Game, Cujo, Firestarter etc.