The Romney's are just too fake

OneOfTheseDays

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2000
They're trying hard and I'll give 'em that, but it just doesn't come off natural or real. I'm not really sure what Mitt's problem is, but he just can't across as anything but a robot. Stiff does not begin to describe his personality.

Obviously his wife is being propped up to help in this regard, but it's clear that she's trying way too hard. I saw one interview where she claimed that she shops at Costco and buys Mitt Kirkland shirts. Mitt just had a perplexed look on his face and it was pretty clear he had absolutely no idea what a Kirkland shirt was.

At the end of the day I think Mitt just needs to drop this whole I'm personable act and just get down to brass tacks. It's where I think he actually does very well as a candidate.

Farang

Lifer
Jul 7, 2003
During that same interview you mentioned, the funniest part was Anne offering New Hampshire maple syrup to Chris Wallace and Wallace calling her out for pandering to a swing state.

OneOfTheseDays

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2000
During that same interview you mentioned, the funniest part was Anne offering New Hampshire maple syrup to Chris Wallace and Wallace calling her out for pandering to a swing state.

The thing is no American expects a family worth hundreds of millions of dollars to shop at Costco. Why would they? Would you?

Hell no. If I had that money I'd hire someone to do all my shopping and I sure as hell wouldn't be buying Kirkland shirts. People that are rich don't buy fucking Kirkland shirts. They don't need to.

zanejohnson

Diamond Member
Nov 29, 2002
it's funny that they dont think the common peasant folk aren't smart enough to see right through them..

we are awake, we have ascended, you cannot lie to us anymore.

crashtestdummy

Platinum Member
Feb 18, 2010
I don't feel like she did a lot to "humanize" Romney. She seems like even more of a robot than he does.

I also was having flashbacks to this scene.

Chris Christie, on the other hand, will be the nominee in 2016. He's good. I disagree with him, but he does a better job of arguing the Republican platform than anyone else I've seen. It reminds me of Obama's speech at the 2004 convention.

Jadow

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2003
The thing is no American expects a family worth hundreds of millions of dollars to shop at Costco. Why would they? Would you?

Hell no. If I had that money I'd hire someone to do all my shopping and I sure as hell wouldn't be buying Kirkland shirts. People that are rich don't buy fucking Kirkland shirts. They don't need to.

i know a guy worth hundreds of millions who shops at sams club

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
I still do not know what a kirkland shirt is. It is a kind of Tshirt or a pull over?

nextJin

Golden Member
Apr 16, 2009

You should probably rethink yourself. The majority of rich people are not retarded with their money like most people. If I was rich I would probably still shop at Costco because;

1. It's a good deal
2. I save money
3. I'm not fucking stupid and think I need those new Jordans or that new 60" Plasma that I'm buying with my newly acquired storecard.

I would probably move up to Target though, Walmart is ghetto as hell but still closer and a few dollars cheaper. Food Lion would also likely get replaced with Safeway but other than that I wouldn't change a hell of a lot.

nextJin

Golden Member
Apr 16, 2009
I still do not know what a kirkland shirt is. It is a kind of Tshirt or a pull over?

It's a brand.... (Levi's, Ralph Lauren, Starter, Nike, Wrangler, etc.) I have 6 or 7 pair of their blue jeans and they have lasted awhile. Well worth the 12 bucks I paid for them.

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
Oh. Most likely Romney has no idea what brand his wife buys for him. He just puts on the clothing she buys him like most men his age. By his age, you realize some battles just are not worth fighting. :)

Wreckem

Diamond Member
Sep 23, 2006
i know a guy worth hundreds of millions who shops at sams club

I am sure there are plenty, but when Mitt wears expensive custom tailored suits, its a tad bit disingenuous to try and say hes in touch with the common man by saying he wears Kirkland shirts.

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
You should probably rethink yourself. The majority of rich people are not retarded with their money like most people.

The overwhelming majority of "rich" people are not nearly as wealthy as Mittens.

Get real.

The overwhelming majority of people who have elevators in one of their houses for their cars really, truly do NOT get in one of their cars and drive to Costco to buy anything, let alone dress shrirts. :rolleyes:

shurato

Platinum Member
Sep 24, 2000
You should probably rethink yourself. The majority of rich people are not retarded with their money like most people. If I was rich I would probably still shop at Costco because;

1. It's a good deal
2. I save money
3. I'm not fucking stupid and think I need those new Jordans or that new 60" Plasma that I'm buying with my newly acquired storecard.

I would probably move up to Target though, Walmart is ghetto as hell but still closer and a few dollars cheaper. Food Lion would also likely get replaced with Safeway but other than that I wouldn't change a hell of a lot.

This the same Romney's that got a 60k tax break on a horse? You gotta be shitting me if you really think this multi millionaire is being "smart" to save money by shopping for clothes at Costco. It's simple pandering nothing else to it. They need to stop trying so hard to connect with the average American because frankly there's no way they can.
Rich people at his level don't stay wealthy by being frugal and buying there clothes from Costco.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
shhhhh..your not suppose to say things like that about what some people would call the next POTUS!!!

MrColin

Platinum Member
May 21, 2003
So you're saying that fakeness is a liability? Have you ever been to the United States?

Doppel

Lifer
Feb 5, 2011
The Romneys are as endearing and with the same charisma as a boulder. It's going to be just one of the reasons he loses this election, so three months from now we won't have to hear about it anymore.

Doppel

Lifer
Feb 5, 2011

nanette1985

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 2005
I don't feel like she did a lot to "humanize" Romney. She seems like even more of a robot than he does.

She was obviously coached but she didn't take the coaching at all well. Isn't there anyone in the Republican party that gets this?

At least she was more human than Rick Santorum.

Chris Christie, on the other hand, will be the nominee in 2016. He's good. I disagree with him, but he does a better job of arguing the Republican platform than anyone else I've seen. It reminds me of Obama's speech at the 2004 convention.
I'm not a Christie fan but I agree with you. I dislike that he cut school budgets and my daughter the math teacher lost her job for the last two years. The guy can speak, though.

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
I'm unsure why this is a big deal; even if she was lying isn't not like Ann is claiming Mitt was born in a log cabin or something. I'm sure she probably has bought shirts from Costco before even if he owns nicer shirts also.

OrByte

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2000
did all of their boys get up on stage too?

all looking like Romney clones :)

teehee! nothing they say and do will ever convince me they are JUST LIKE THE REST OF US

and frankly, thats not a big deal to me, we all know they are zillionaires just cut the crap and be REAL...if thats even possible