The Right-Wing Spying on Perceived Enemies: A Story of Erik Prince & Project Veritas

Dec 10, 2005
WASHINGTON — Erik Prince, the security contractor with close ties to the Trump administration, has in recent years helped recruit former American and British spies for secretive intelligence-gathering operations that included infiltrating Democratic congressional campaigns, labor organizations and other groups considered hostile to the Trump agenda, according to interviews and documents.

Seems like Pres Trump's buddy and brother of Sec Betsy Devos, Erik Prince, and one of the right's favorite grifters, James O'Keefe, have been busy...

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
Ex spies used to gather damaging information on political opponents. It seems like I've herd of this happening in the recent past...

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Ex spies used to gather damaging information on political opponents. It seems like I've herd of this happening in the recent past...

But, as I'm sure we all know, it doesn't matter the repugs went to Fusion GPS to discredit Trump. It only matters that the Dems picked up the ball once dipshit became the nominee. Fast and Furious mode engaged.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
But, as I'm sure we all know, it doesn't matter the repugs went to Fusion GPS to discredit Trump. It only matters that the Dems picked up the ball once dipshit became the nominee. Fast and Furious mode engaged.
After all the "huh whuh?" from greenman, who takes him seriously lol

Reactions: Meghan54

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
You don't recall a retired british secret agent hired to gather dirt on a political enemy?

He didn't infiltrate & subvert the opponent's operation. Well, unless you're willing to concede that the Russians were part of Trump's operation.

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
He didn't infiltrate & subvert the opponent's operation. Well, unless you're willing to concede that the Russians were part of Trump's operation.
So the line is drawn at infiltration, but innuendo, hearsay, distortion, and outright lies are cool? I don't have an issue with where you want to draw the line, I'm just interested in where it is. Personably, I'd move it all the way back to demonstrable facts, knowing full well that it wouldn't work.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
So the line is drawn at infiltration, but innuendo, hearsay, distortion, and outright lies are cool? I don't have an issue with where you want to draw the line, I'm just interested in where it is. Personably, I'd move it all the way back to demonstrable facts, knowing full well that it wouldn't work.

Well, aren't you the principled one.....

• Haha
Reactions: ch33zw1z

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
You don't recall a retired british secret agent hired to gather dirt on a political enemy?

The Fusion GPS report that included the Steele dossier was originally started by a right winggroup...then, when they dropped their support for it, it was picked up by the Clinton campaign...so, it sounds like you're still basically pointing the finger at the republicans...

:p

Reactions: DarthKyrie

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003

1) which parts of the steele dossier were used to attack trump during the 2016 campaign?
2) which parts of the steele dossier have proven false?

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

You're doubling down on bothsides. It's also classic propaganda technique- accuse the other side of that which you are guilty. The whole 2016 GOP/Trump/Russian campaign consisted of innuendo, hearsay, distortion, and outright lies, with hacking as well. What Prince is doing is just a different style of hacking.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

you might be shocked to know that there was no hearsay, distortion, or innuendo in the "Steele Dossier"

In fact, pretty much all points that he raised, that were investigated, have been confirmed.

Did you know that this is actually true? I suspect that you assume it was all dismissed for some reason, instead of the fact that Steele has been proven correct again and again.

Also, he's the same guy that broke the FIFA scandal a few years prior to that. He has only ever been above-board when it comes to his work, which is why Fusion trusted him to do both the GOP and DNC contracts to find the information they needed on the known money-launderer for the Russian mafia, that is Donald Trump.