The Rich getting away with it again

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
The Liberal Rich that is. Looks like the Liberals favorite son, Jon Corzine, will get off of any criminal charges in losing over $1B of investors money.

Oh, and it gets better, he's apparently looking to start a hedge fund. You can't make this crap up.

First he runs New Jersey into the ground, then squanders his investors money with loose controls and mismanagement and now people are going to trust him with a hedge fund? Let's hope that any civil suits or SEC sanctions stops this idiot soon.

Dulanic

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2000
At this point it doesn't matter if they are conservative, liberal, or mickey mouse who is likely liberal according to some conservaties I believe. How many people have gone to jail over the whole financial collapse? Hmmmm I wonder.

Their political affiliation doesn't matter, their greed does and it continues to go unpunished overall.

Last edited:

Pr0d1gy

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2005
At this point it doesn't matter of they are conservative, liberal, or mickey mouse who is likely liberal according to some conservaties I believe. How many people have gone to jail over the whole financial collapse? Hmmmm I wonder.

Their political affiliation doesn't matter, their greed does and it continues to go unpunished overall.

/this

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
It's pretty rare anyone goes to prison for stuff like this, even when there is a mountain of incriminating evidence. The guys who were manipulating LIBOR should have been sent to Rura Penthe for the rest of their lives.

Hopefully the CFTC will nail him.

ichy

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2006
Failing in business is not a crime.

Anyone who's stupid enough to invest in Corzine's new hedge fund deserves all of the losses they incur.

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
There's no such thing as being criminally incompetent. Isn't this what conservatives want though? Limited regulations and let the free market determine. If that holds true then no one will invest in his new hedge fund.

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
At this point it doesn't matter if they are conservative, liberal, or mickey mouse who is likely liberal according to some conservaties I believe. How many people have gone to jail over the whole financial collapse? Hmmmm I wonder.

Actually it does matter, because Democrats pretend their shit doesn't stink. It has to be pointed out that this was a Democrat, otherwise the usual hacks will continue their bleating of "Republicans bad, Democrats good, false equivalence, DERRRRRRPPPPP!!!"

Dulanic

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2000
Actually it does matter, because Democrats pretend their shit doesn't stink. It has to be pointed out that this was a Democrat, otherwise the usual hacks will continue their bleating of "Republicans bad, Democrats good, false equivalence, DERRRRRRPPPPP!!!"

So you are saying it is much more likely to have been a republican, so in cases where it isn't, it needs to be specified.

P.S. I still think political affiliation for this doesn't matter. Greed is greed and unfortunately, all politics is about greed now. Even more so now that corporations are people.

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
So you are saying it is much more likely to have been a republican, so in cases where it isn't, it needs to be specified.

P.S. I still think political affiliation for this doesn't matter. Greed is greed and unfortunately, all politics is about greed now. Even more so now that corporations are people.

No, I'm saying you have a learning disability.

To the usual hacks, Republican greed and corruption is evil and evidence that the Republican scourge needs to be purged from the human race, while Democrat greed and corruption isn't a matter of political affiliation.

bfdd

Lifer
Feb 3, 2007
Jon corzine should be dead right now, swindler and snake. Just like all the other dirty Yankee elite

piasabird

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Making poor judgement calls is one thing. Losing money is another thing. However, when you lie to your clients, that is breaking the law. When you withdraw your money to pay off someone's account that is breaking the law. Often these dirtballs also issue false earning statements, which is also against the law. That is why it took so long to catch Bernie Mahdoff or however, you spell his name.

Is it a ponzie scheme or an investment firm?

Typically what happens is investment people sell the investments from companies that pay them to do so. If their clients also make a little money that is ok too.

Dulanic

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2000
No, I'm saying you have a learning disability.

To the usual hacks, Republican greed and corruption is evil and evidence that the Republican scourge needs to be purged from the human race, while Democrat greed and corruption isn't a matter of political affiliation.

It was sarcasm FYI. There is no excuse for either side plain and simple.

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
So do Republicans.

Yes, but as 47 threads have recently pointed out, Republicans are defective. I guess I'm just saying we should probably establish the fact that Democrats are nearly, if not equally, mentally defective.

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
There's no such thing as being criminally incompetent. Isn't this what conservatives want though? Limited regulations and let the free market determine. If that holds true then no one will invest in his new hedge fund.

It is certainly not want I want for financial corporations. They have repeatedly shown themselves to be morons and should be regulated as such.

Personally I think the worst offenders (think Countrywide, WAMU) should have been executed. And the rest should have been summarily caned.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
The Liberal Rich that is. Looks like the Liberals favorite son, Jon Corzine, will get off of any criminal charges in losing over $1B of investors money.

Oh, and it gets better, he's apparently looking to start a hedge fund. You can't make this crap up.

First he runs New Jersey into the ground, then squanders his investors money with loose controls and mismanagement and now people are going to trust him with a hedge fund? Let's hope that any civil suits or SEC sanctions stops this idiot soon.

Awesome

Great to see a rich Democrat grab some money from rich Republicans too.

Rich eating the rich :thumbsup: