The Revolution Begins

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000
Originally posted by: CitizenKain
Originally posted by: Estrella
Originally posted by: Legend
Originally posted by: Citrix
i sent my sister those youtube links and she just emailed me and said that she is very interested in him. she has never voted other than democrat her entire life (she is 54) and she will be voting for Ron Paul.

Your sister makes political decisions from Youtube videos? That is so sad I'm not sure what to say.

Yeah, rather than basing your vote on youtube videos of candidates presenting their campaign platform, you should be basing it off of how many times Hannity praises the candidate, and how many ads you see the person kiss a baby. Don't forget attack ads, and voting party line. That's how you should vote.

I would think looking at someone's history would be a good place to start. Maybe I'm just crazy, but if a elected representative is running, looking at what they've done, and how they've voted is a pretty judge of character. Too bad others don't.

Also I tend not to vote for people who think that the Civil Rights Act was a mistake. Gotta keep them darkies in their place is his reasoning.

Did you actually read his objection? Ron Paul's objection

Yes, and they are retarded. I would say not spraying black people with water in the middle of streets, and not having them segregated is an actual good thing.

his objections were right on target and not in the least "retarded" i would like to hear what other reasons you think his position is "retarded"

NoStateofMind

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2005
Originally posted by: Estrella
Originally posted by: Legend
i sent my sister those youtube links and she just emailed me and said that she is very interested in him. she has never voted other than democrat her entire life (she is 54) and she will be voting for Ron Paul.

Your sister makes political decisions from Youtube videos? That is so sad I'm not sure what to say.

Yeah, rather than basing your vote on youtube videos of candidates presenting their campaign platform, you should be basing it off of how many times Hannity praises the candidate, and how many ads you see the person kiss a baby. Don't forget attack ads, and voting party line. That's how you should vote.

I would think looking at someone's history would be a good place to start. Maybe I'm just crazy, but if a elected representative is running, looking at what they've done, and how they've voted is a pretty judge of character. Too bad others don't.

Also I tend not to vote for people who think that the Civil Rights Act was a mistake. Gotta keep them darkies in their place is his reasoning.

Did you actually read his objection? Ron Paul's objection

Yes, and they are retarded. I would say not spraying black people with water in the middle of streets, and not having them segregated is an actual good thing.

his objections were right on target and not in the least "retarded" i would like to hear what other reasons you think his position is "retarded"

Don't hold your breath.

CitizenKain

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2000

Paul:
The Civil Rights Act of 1964 not only violated the Constitution and reduced individual liberty; it also failed to achieve its stated goals of promoting racial harmony and a color-blind society.

How did allowing black people the same rights that others in the country reduce liberty? How free did Jim Crow laws make people? Look at some of the laws that existed before the act was passed into law:
"It shall be unlawful for any amateur white baseball team to play baseball on any vacant lot or baseball diamond within two blocks of a playground devoted to the Negro race, and it shall be unlawful for any amateur colored baseball team to play baseball in any vacant lot or baseball diamond within two blocks of any playground devoted to the white race."

"All marriages between a white person and a Negro, or between a white person and a person of Negro descent to the fourth generation inclusive, are hereby forever prohibited."

"Books shall not be interchangeable between the white and colored schools, but shall continue to be used by the race first using them. "

It wasn't until the Civil Rights act was passed that all the Jim Crow laws finally disappeared. Don't you understand that without the passing of the Civil Rights act there is a good chance many of these laws would still be enacted? How is going "boy howdy, it sure was better before we did this" not retarded?

Originally posted by: PC Surgeon
Don't hold your breath.

Go away child.
Do you do anything besides trolling?