The Republicans vaunted ground game.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
Originally posted by: Butterbean
Man you guys are so corrupt - nothing but excuses. No wonder you vote for Obama the "get in their faces" Marxist racist hackster.

I wish Anandtech had a hammer and sickle avatar. I'd use it just to pump up BB's blood pressure.

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000
Originally posted by: OneOfTheseDays
Everyone I know who voted Bush in '04 is flat out embarrassed they did such a thing. He managed to make the last 4 years of his presidency even worse than the first 4 years. He will be remembered as the worst President in modern history. We will still be feeling the effects of his failed policies well into the future.

The Republican Party as it exists today will not be viable in future elections. They simply don't have the numbers on their side to combat the growing minority population in this country that votes overwhelmingly Democratic. This is why CO and NM are now in play, the huge Hispanic population is going near 75% for Obama. There simply is not enough conservative white Americans in this country to win a general election anymore.

We will likely see a complete transformation of the Republican Party or see another group split off. The true fiscal conservatives have no voice in the Republican Party anymore, it appears to be dominated by social conservatives and war hawks. The Democrats would do a lot of good shifting to the right a little bit and becoming a more moderate party in terms of fiscal responsibility. They could pick up a large number of frustrated conservatives.

You see that in the whole "gay marriage" thing. In 2004 it was the end of the world. Now its a footnote. The younger generation has very different concerns than the current one.
Some of the great conservative social issues are going by the wayside. In fact, the one major one that is losing support is the anti-abortion vote. While the vehemence of this portion of the electorate is still there, the truth is that the younger generation is statistically less concerned about it.
Even the big Republican 'national defense' bugaboo is losing some ground as young people don't understand why we spend more on national defense than the rest of the world combined. The Bush "war on terror" may be the last gasp of this as such an over riding issue.

If, g-d willing, we have a Democratic President for the next 8 years, then from the 2000 election until 2016 will be 16 years. And that will make a HUGE change in the electorate.

winnar111

Banned
Mar 10, 2008
Originally posted by: techs
Originally posted by: Red Dawn
Originally posted by: winnar111
Originally posted by: Starbuck1975
his Far Left fringe associations are a cause for concern for someone selling himself as a moderate change agent.
Just goes to prove how much Bush and his supporters have pissed off America that they are willing to take a chance with Obama instead of having 4 more year of the last 8, especially with Sarah Palin a heartbeat away from the Presidency.

Is that why the American people took a chance with Bush 8 years ago?
You mean the minority who voted for Bush? It does seem strange that they would vote against a candidate that was part of an extremely successful Administration but they did and look what we got. On the other hand by voting for Obama they are voting against a man who was a strong supporter of a failed Administration. It seems to make more sense to me.

Extremely successful Administration, eh? No wonder people think liberals and liberal candidates are out of touch!

I made a mistake in my post; 4 years ago a majority voted against the state of Massachusetts and their candidate and correctly branded the place as a festering sh!thole.

Then again sense went out the window when these people voted against Poppy Bush in '92 and put Slick in office in the first place.
Somebody's bitter:laugh:

And doesn't miss the great Clinton economy.

http://www.bea.gov/national/ni...date=Update&JavaBox=no

US economic growth:

q3, 2000: -.5%
q1, 2001: -.5%
q3, 2001: -1.4%

Say what?

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Originally posted by: techs
Originally posted by: Starbuck1975
his Far Left fringe associations are a cause for concern for someone selling himself as a moderate change agent.
Just goes to prove how much Bush and his supporters have pissed off America that they are willing to take a chance with Obama instead of having 4 more year of the last 8, especially with Sarah Palin a heartbeat away from the Presidency.

Is that why the American people took a chance with Bush 8 years ago?
You mean the minority who voted for Bush? It does seem strange that they would vote against a candidate that was part of an extremely successful Administration but they did and look what we got. On the other hand by voting for Obama they are voting against a man who was a strong supporter of a failed Administration. It seems to make more sense to me.

Extremely successful Administration, eh? No wonder people think liberals and liberal candidates are out of touch!

I made a mistake in my post; 4 years ago a majority voted against the state of Massachusetts and their candidate and correctly branded the place as a festering sh!thole.

Then again sense went out the window when these people voted against Poppy Bush in '92 and put Slick in office in the first place.
Somebody's bitter:laugh:

And doesn't miss the great Clinton economy.

http://www.bea.gov/national/ni...date=Update&JavaBox=no

US economic growth:

q3, 2000: -.5%
q1, 2001: -.5%
q3, 2001: -1.4%

Say what?

Cherry-pick much? The prosperity of the Clinton years was much broader based than the faux prosperity of the GWB era, and occurred in a climate of deficit reductions, too... median family incomes actually went up in relation to inflation, not down as we've been accustomed to most recently...

And while the Clinton years did end on a downward economic note, we weren't facing ruin, as we are today...

Republican ground game? What ground game? Repubs depended very heavily on fired up fundies and small govt advocates in recent elections- they manned the phones, canvassed the neighborhoods, all that stuff and more. They never were too keen on McCain, and many are pretty much fed up with the antics of the Bush Admin and congressional cronies, anyway. So they're staying home, going to church, tending their gardens, watching the value of their homes and investments dwindle to nothing in the aftermath of the greatest looting spree in the history of the world... and they're pissed, at their leaders and at themselves for being so gullible...

Deliximus

Aug 11, 2001
THe Clinton years were the glory days of America. I cannot find ONE thing that American still stands for as the 'beacon at the top of the hill' in 2008. Every possible country is looking down at what is supposedly the world's most powerful nation.

What is Clinton's legacy? A surplus! Higher average family incomes! Relative peace!

Bush's? Katrina (so fucking sad), fucking with the Constitution, 2 wars, record deficits, doubling the national debt and a market crash to top it off.

And yet, we have 40% of the American people voting for the same!?!?!?!? Sweet lord.

Back to topic. Barack Obama has the largest army for the GOTV effort EVER, PERIOD. He is set to have receive in donations in September MORE than the $66M he got in August.
This money feeds the army on the ground working under the radar.

smashp

Platinum Member
Aug 30, 2003
Originally posted by: Thump553
Originally posted by: Butterbean
Man you guys are so corrupt - nothing but excuses. No wonder you vote for Obama the "get in their faces" Marxist racist hackster.

I wish Anandtech had a hammer and sickle avatar. I'd use it just to pump up BB's blood pressure.

I bet an exposed nipple would do the same thing