The Republicans need to get rid of the crazies infecting their party:

Aug 14, 2001
They need to re-assimilate into American society. These people don't know how to interact with American culture and society. So you don't need to get rid of the crazies, but you can rehabilitate them. Perhaps Obama can set up a Department of Re-Assimilation so that the Romney supporters who have de-assimilated can go through some classes and help and therapy to become part of American society again.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
They need to re-assimilate into American society. These people don't know how to interact with American culture and society. So you don't need to get rid of the crazies, but you can rehabilitate them. Perhaps Obama can set up a Department of Re-Assimilation so that the Romney supporters who have de-assimilated can go through some classes and help and therapy to become part of American society again.

They would bury themselves if it cost any tax payer money.

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
On a related note, I read this gem today:

The problem is a platform that staked out the far-right fringe on so many issues that it turned off immigrants, women, minorities, single mothers, young people, gays and lesbians.

I'm definitely in this camp. I'm a capitalist pig, but I can't stand so many republican social views that I would never vote for a republican.

According to exit polls, support for Obama came from 93% of blacks, 71% of Latinos, 73% of Asian Americans, 76% of gays and lesbians, 60% of voters under 30 and 55% of women.

But that is not your classic ideological coalition, with shared interests and concerns. That's a collection of folks alienated, over time, by Republicans and their mission to return America to an era when some people had it really good — and whole groups of others had to settle for leftovers.

SO MUCH TRUTH:

We're rejecting hypocritical rhetoric: Newt Gingrich, with three marriages and a string of infidelities, arguing that allowing gays to wed violates the sanctity of marriage.

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-banks-campaign-20121110,0,293179.column

Cr0nJ0b

Golden Member
Apr 13, 2004
meettomy.site
I vote almost 100% for republican candidates in my state, because I feel like the dem are way on the leftist fringe even for my liking. I voted for Obama mostly because he wasn't as bad as the alternative in my view. The social issues is one of the biggest dividers for me. If the republicans would put up a "real" candidate and support them even in the face of opposition for the radical right and the limbaugh republicans, I would vote for him or her. I would love going back to the true founding conservatives that felt like smaller govt was good for everything including social issues. The guys that didn't turn on a dime to pander to the folks that I see as the fringe. They need to move center and get a grip...and I will vote for them again. I'm a liberal, but I would vote republican if they have the right guy.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
While I agree Moonbeam has a point, the real problem lies in the fact that the "leaders" of the GOP are out of touch with its more rational electorate.

As the other problem lies in the fact that the money behind the GOP leadership makes sure rational GOP types can't become legitimate candidates, and then the GOP pretends to be amazed when they can't sell a 24 carrot phony like Romney to the general voting public. When someone like Huntsman would be far more electable.

quest55720

Golden Member
Nov 3, 2004
I keep saying the extreme right wing on social issues will slowly go away as time goes on. It will just take time as the baby boomers die off. There is not nearly enough young people to take their spots. Every election from here on out there will be less and less of them. It could of been sped up if a guy like santorum was nominated and the GOP got destroyed in an election. That is why I wanted him nominated so bad to show the GOP the future of the party is not NEO-CONs and social conservatives but real fiscal conservatives with more libertarian social views. Ron Paul might of be a little to extreme in some views but he gets the new generation excited.

The best news in this election is the crazy right went 0-4 in gay marriage. That and in my state the GOP lost control because of instead of concentrating on fiscal issues. They spent a lot of the time on social issues and blew it on being fiscally responsible.

Juror No. 8

Banned
Sep 25, 2012
This, from the party whose supporters believe an entire society can steal its way to prosperity.

Such mindlessness.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
This, from the party whose supporters believe an entire society can steal its way to prosperity.

Such mindlessness.

You are the one who goes in the hole. You are simply insane. I am a progressive and can speak authoritatively for all other progressives like me, all those billions, I mean thousands of people who think like me. And if any other kind of progressive says differently, ignore them as slow to the party. So here's the real story:

I don't believe anybody should be given anything for free. I don't believe in borrowing and not paying back. I believe is saving up before you buy. I believe in a balance between the interests of all people, some thought for the plight of the poor, some thought for the economy of the middle class, some reward for those who think only of money. I believe that all government programs should be means tested, that the greatest minds we have should be asked to contribute answers to our problems, that science should govern how we go about working change, that universities should be think tanks and states labs for testing out different solutions etc. I believe that government has to earn trust but that government isn't the enemy. I believe that all of humanities problems are basically problems of the mind and that mental health is the answer to just about everything. So in fact I'm thousands of years in advance of where you are and I know it, but I'm going to wait for you to come along because I take spiders out of my bath tub in a jar to the garden. And it seems to me you ought to be worth at least a spider or two. But I don't mind telling you to go fuck yourself because you're so stuffed full of shit even your neighbor can't evolve.

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000
I'm not sure people understand.
Republicans are about half the voters.
Tea Party and other right wing wackos turn out for primaries a bit more than regular Republicans. So let say the extremists are now 20 percent of the country and 40 percent of the Republican party and 60 percent of the Republican primary voters.

No way the Republicans are going to walk away from 40 percent of their party. It's going to take many years before the wackos die off. Twenty years from now the wackos will still be in charge.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
I would suggest the few remaining adults dig a hole for them.

Preach it!

I'm for general reform of course, but the Reps have become completely dysfunctional. There's still a contingent that believes he's from Kenya. One should be able to say what they object to, but many (not all, but too many) seem to not know, but there's sure there's something going on. If the Dems are arrogant beyond their ability to pull off then the Reps are hiding out of paranoia. This is not good. Any intellectuals who could formulate alternatives have long ago died. Ghosts.

Hayabusa Rider

Jan 26, 2000
I think you meant primates.

Archbishop_Fred_Hiltz,_Primate_of_the_Anglican_Church_of_Canada(3).jpg

Aug 14, 2001
While I agree Moonbeam has a point, the real problem lies in the fact that the "leaders" of the GOP are out of touch with its more rational electorate.

As the other problem lies in the fact that the money behind the GOP leadership makes sure rational GOP types can't become legitimate candidates, and then the GOP pretends to be amazed when they can't sell a 24 carrot phony like Romney to the general voting public. When someone like Huntsman would be far more electable.

More rational electorate? That's like maybe 10% of the GOP. The largest group of the GOP is the de-assimilated racist birthers. Good luck with them being rational.

hardhat

Dec 4, 2011
How can they? They get half truths and rediculous falsehoods fed to them on a daily basis. They corrupt themselves. Before the election, there were at least six pundits on fox news predicting a landslide for Romney. Now, the stories they run about Petraes are 90% benghazi conspiracy theories, and incidentally 10% that he had a mistress. They have no evidence, but they constantly spew rediculous crap, and it's even worse on talk radio than Fox. Any actual evidence is dismissed out of hand, if mentioned at all. All of the "opposing view" people they put up are mere paper caricatures to be knocked over and beaten. It's self reinforcing group think, and you can't just break the illusion by telling the most extreme to leave. The only good thing is that the group seems to be self defeating (or "slowly going extinct") as well.

Aug 14, 2001
I'm not sure people understand.
Republicans are about half the voters.
Tea Party and other right wing wackos turn out for primaries a bit more than regular Republicans. So let say the extremists are now 20 percent of the country and 40 percent of the Republican party and 60 percent of the Republican primary voters.

No way the Republicans are going to walk away from 40 percent of their party. It's going to take many years before the wackos die off. Twenty years from now the wackos will still be in charge.

What the Democrats need to do is create a super PAC to fund these tea party types. Get as many of these creepy rape men to win primaries and utterly destroy the GOP for 1000 years. I say empower the tea party and then systematically destroy the GOP. Be sure to bottle the tears and sell them, funnel the profits to the super PAC so it will be self sustaining.

I'm calling it right now. Chuck Norris will be the GOP candidate in 2016 and a Democratic leaning super PAC will empower him to demolish the GOP establishment.

hardhat

Dec 4, 2011
It also isn't fair to just dismiss the republicans as evil or corrupt over all. A lot of them are from "The Greatest Generation", and they built a lot of what we have today. There must be a way to change the party. To teach them that selfishness and intolerance are just as much against the beliefs of good people as denying self actualization and success. Unfortunately, I think the only way to get that message across would be to somehow get corporate interests out of politics. That just isn't realistic.

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008
Power is much easier to maintain if opposition can be eliminated.

The irony here is that the Republicans did it to themselves by fully embracing the tea party when they let some of their moderate Senators up for re-election this time around get primaried.

Maybe they'll figure it out maybe they won't but don't pretend that if the Democratic party had done the same thing to their candidates that the Republican party did to theirs you wouldn't have the same attitude...

If you do we will know that you are just the same as Karl Rove. Lying either to us or to yourself.

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/w...2---america-takes-a-shower---karl-rove-s-math

starting at about the 2min. mark.

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2001
Maybe we could convince them to "self deport"?

To where? Every other country in the entire world hates these de-assimilated Republicans. Their only option is to maybe try to establish a new country in either Antarctica or the North Pole.

Hayabusa Rider

Jan 26, 2000
The irony here is that the Republicans did it to themselves by fully embracing the tea party when they let some of their moderate Senators up for re-election this time around get primaried.

Maybe they'll figure it out maybe they won't but don't pretend that if the Democratic party had done the same thing to their candidates that the Republican party did to theirs you wouldn't have the same attitude...

If you do we will know that you are just the same as Karl Rove. Lying either to us or to yourself.

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/w...2---america-takes-a-shower---karl-rove-s-math

starting at about the 2min. mark.

I don't care about Karl Rove, and yes I would have the same attitude. You missed the "fun" that was had when Bush was in office. Well it's the Dems turn so don't expect me to get all warm and fuzzy now. As far as the Reps go it's entirely possible that the party has gone too far and doomed itself. When they put up choices like "that rape thing" guy it does not bode well. Frankly it's psychotic. Romney and his party were an awful choice and in the end I couldn't stomach any of the offerings for national election. Did the Reps do it to themselves? Sure. They started a decade or more ago. One of the biggest big government guys was Ron R. Poor choice for people who value the wallet of people who wouldn't give them the time of day more than their own.

Nevertheless what I said holds. It will be far easier for Democrats to retain power, which is the goal of any such organization, if competition is eliminated. The Reps keep their crazies and the Dems consolidate power further. Is there a flaw in that statement? If so I'd like to be shown. In the history of government it's I don't think you can find an example where that's incorrect. BTW, the Reps would gladly take advantage of a similar situation. That's reality.