The Republican party platform is a bunch of lies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anarchist420

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2010
www.facebook.com
Why would they make the bush tax cuts permanent and repeal the death tax if they didn't when Republicans controlled both chambers of congress and held the executive power?

In some ways, I'll commend them for being honest in that theyre saying they're going to reform things and they rarely use the words "abolish" or "repeal" but then they're not being honest... they say they're the party of economic freedom and that's just dishonest with all of their proposed State-federal-public-private partnerships (as well as constantly proposing "reform", which means nothing especially when it's Republican reform, rather than abolition) which take away the freedom, sovereignty, and independence of the States.

As for the Democratic party's platform... I hate it less because the most dishonest it gets is how they don't explicitly say they support a war against Iran (sanctions are war because they kill people) while the Republican party platform is one lie, then another lie, after another lie, then another lie, after another lie... at the same time, though, the Republican party platform admits that they're totally against economic freedom.

All of that said... if mitt Romney becomes president, there is every reason to believe he will be even more economically statist than Obama including, but not limited to, the facts that...

the Republican party platform of 2012 admits that they're against free trade (particularly in regards to china);
it admits that they believe the market needs govt for the former to survive;
and it admits that the Republicans believe that the Federalists designed the best law known by man... even though the illegal chains binding America are actually similar to most other constitutions and not unique at all. It was, in fact, the articles of confederation that were the best laws ever known to man and that America was unique and better than all other countries under the articles of confederation.

Finally a request for Progressives... dont worry about mitt Romney as he truly is a welfare statist just like your hero Obama.

Neoconservatives, I also want you to do me a favor... that is, don't worry about Obama (especially since your hero newt world order said he would rather see Obama be re-elected than seeing the hero of America, Dr. Paul, be elected).

Last edited:

randomrogue

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2011
The Republican party has been hijacked and turned into a party of crazy people. The amount of spam mail/chain mail I get from my republican friends is pretty high. Oddly enough not a single mail has any truth in it. They just spread lies. To be fair my friends don't realize they're doing it but it really is the way of the republican party today. Tell a lie over and over again until people believe it to be the truth.

The days of a fiscally responsible, small government, republican party are over. Today they are corporate pandering religious zealots. Completely crazy people.

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
They are trying to keep up with the dems...but in the case of having a platform of lies, the dems are WAY ahead. The reps often are able to finally best the dems at their own game, though, so eventually they will both catch up and surpass the dems at lying.

I understand why you are upset about it...I would be upset too if the I was a dem and the reps were slowly doing everything the dems have been doing for years but now doing it more effectively.

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
In U.S. politics, the Hyde Amendment is a legislative provision barring the use of certain federal funds to pay for abortions.[1] It is not a permanent law, rather it is a "rider" that, in various forms, has been routinely attached to annual appropriations bills since 1976. The Hyde Amendment applies only to funds allocated by the annual appropriations bill for the Department of Health and Human Services. It primarily affects Medicaid.

The Stupak–Pitts Amendment, an amendment to the Affordable Health Care for America Act, was introduced by Democratic Rep. Bart Stupak of Michigan. It prohibits use of Federal funds "to pay for any abortion or to cover any part of the costs of any health plan that includes coverage of abortion" except in cases of rape, incest or danger to the life of the mother,[5] and was included in the bill as passed by the House of Representatives on November 7, 2009. However, the Senate bill passed by the House on March 21, 2010 did not contain that Hyde Amendment language. As part of an agreement between Rep. Stupak and President Obama to secure Stupak's vote, the President issued an executive order on March 24, 2010 affirming that the Hyde Amendment would extend to the new bill.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyde_Amendment

I list this next one because it contains a list of all the federal rules banning the use of federal money to fund abortions.
The Smith legislation has come under considerable attack from abortion advocates and Planned Parenthood. They have based their attacks on the bill on false claims that it would not allow abortion funding for all women who are victims of rape and incest because of changes to the definition of rape under the bill. However, the changed language has been dropped from the bill, neutralizing the issue.
“For over 30 years, a patchwork of policies has regulated federal funding for abortion. Together these various policies ensure that the American taxpayer is not involved in funding the destruction of innocent human life through abortion on demand,” Congressman Smith said last year in a letter to colleagues that LifeNews.com obtained.
“This comprehensive approach will reduce the need for the numerous separate abortion funding policies and ensure that no program or agency is exempt from this important safeguard,” he added. “This new legislation will make permanent the policies that currently rely on regular re-approval.”
The bill essentially could be called a Hyde Amendment Plus, as it wraps together the Hyde Amendment, related to programs funded through the HHS appropriations, along with the Helms amendment, which applies to overseas programs, the Smith FEHBP amendment to stop abortion funding in federal employee health insurance programs, the Dornan amendment prohibiting abortion funding in the District of Columbia, and other policies governing programs such as the Peace Corp and federal prisons.
Only an act of Congress to reverse the law would reinstate the abortion funding.
http://www.lifenews.com/2011/02/08/house-holds-hearing-on-bill-banning-tax-funding-of-abortions/

But if you do not believe them, you should believe the ACLU on the issue:

By the early 1980s, Congress had passed restrictions similar to the Hyde Amendment affecting programs on which an estimated twenty million women rely for their health care or insurance. In addition to poor women on Medicaid, those denied access to federally funded abortion include Native Americans, federal employees and their dependents, Peace Corps volunteers, low-income residents of Washington, DC, federal prisoners, military personnel and their dependents, and disabled women who rely on Medicare.
New health initiatives are likewise being burdened by the legacy of the Hyde Amendment. The Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP), a program providing expanded health insurance for children aged 19 or younger, includes a ban on the use of federal funds for abortions unless the pregnancy endangers the teenager's life or results from rape or incest.
http://www.aclu.org/reproductive-freedom/public-funding-abortion

Sorry, there is no lie about being pro life. :)

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
I think the best part of the platform is where abortion is clearly outlined as being murder, but then it repeatedly says that women who get abortions should not be punished.

:hmm:

Status
Not open for further replies.