The republican desperation is rising...

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
My gmail spam folder typically gets 3 - 4 hits a day, almost always with a tRump funds solicitation or two. The tRump count has been slowly increasing, but now it's going crazy. This is 2 days worth, 100% tRump related, and of course wanting $$$.
1630694099695.png

Thank you gmail for your spam filter efficiency!

• Haha
Reactions: Pohemi and pmv

GodisanAtheist

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2006
I'm a registered Republican in CA, not because I am in line with their party philosophy but thanks to closed primaries I feel my vote for the least crazy Pub does more good there than it would do for the Dem candidate, who I am generally OK with.

The kind of nutter-butter mail and e-mail I get from my local Pub party branch is really astounding, and has gotten worse over the last couple years. Republicans in CA are sort of like the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt, they've been repressed for so long that only the most ideologically pure and driven folks remain.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
I'm a registered Republican in CA, not because I am in line with their party philosophy but thanks to closed primaries I feel my vote for the least crazy Pub does more good there than it would do for the Dem candidate, who I am generally OK with.

The kind of nutter-butter mail and e-mail I get from my local Pub party branch is really astounding, and has gotten worse over the last couple years. Republicans in CA are sort of like the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt, they've been repressed for so long that only the most ideologically pure and driven folks remain.

They haven't been repressed. They're just outnumbered. The other side of it, for example, is that Wyoming Dems haven't lost their minds over losing, either.

Reactions: Pohemi and hal2kilo

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004

I've been registered as unaffiliated for decades. Unaffiliated voters in NC have the option of which primary to vote in, which gives me the option to vote in a primary for a candidate I would never vote for in the general election.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
And the I've never gotten an email or regular mail asking for money from any candidate or politician.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
The republicans are not desperate, they are just getting money from the shithead base. It's easy and fun.

They are in good shape going forward. They are undermining democracy, destroying women's rights, they can filibuster anything with zero consequence, and they can lie with impunity because their base is either shitty enough to love it, dumb enough to be ignorant, or a combination of both. To have a base of that many shitty and ignorant people when you can rig the system so you don't even need a majority to win is a pretty good place to be.

Leeea

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2020
And the I've never gotten an email or regular mail asking for money from any candidate or politician.
Just send them a donation, and that will change real quick.

Besides, the media has to keep the outrage machine going 24/7 to keep those donations flowing so ads keep getting bought. Make your donation today, and finance the system of extremism.

(sometimes I get a bit cynical)

Reactions: Bitek

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
I get half a dozen or more daily emails from Trump or the RNC asking for money. I suspect they have me confused with someone else...

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Why would I do that?

Plus I don't think MtnMan send the Republicans or Trump any donations. LOL
Around a month ago I started getting about one email a day from right wing organizations asking for donations or something, I didn't pay much attention but did hit the unsubscribe links at the bottom and they stopped coming. I have no idea where they got my email address. It's pretty hard to mistake me for a right winger. I've never voted for a Republican in my life. OTOH, I get an email from MoveOn almost every day.

Last edited:

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
Around a month ago I started getting about one email a day from right wing organizations asking for donations or something, I didn't pay much attention but did hit the unsubscribe links at the bottom and they stopped coming. I have no idea where they got my email address. It's pretty hard to mistake me for a right winger. I've never voted for a Republican in my life. OTOH, I get an email from MoveOn almost every day.
The reality is, hopefully, they can only determine which party, if any, you are registered under, and not how you actually vote.

Amol S.

Platinum Member
Mar 14, 2015

It's probably a scam not comming from any Republican supporting group or even the RNC themself. Did you ever try to see the senders address without opening the email?

The scammers are probably trying to target hardcore Trump supporters, because they are so gullible and can be tricked into thinking the e-mail is genuine. Furthermore, the scammers even can presume that no police report would be filed. This is presumed because when victims discover money getting removed from their bank, due to the victims stolen credentials, they will blame the bank with the false allegation of being a ponzi scheming liberal organization. The victims may even claim to their friends their banks are using customers money to fund Democrats illegally. When in reality, the bank yas done nothing, and a scammer is actually stealling the money.

Last edited:

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
But you check all their boxes.

🗹 Old
🗹 White
🗹 Cranky

:p

ajo.gif

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
They haven't been repressed. They're just outnumbered. The other side of it, for example, is that Wyoming Dems haven't lost their minds over losing, either.

Yeah, but Steve is generally a sensible guy. He's not the type of guy to lose it.

iRONic

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2006
I've been registered as unaffiliated for decades. Unaffiliated voters in NC have the option of which primary to vote in, which gives me the option to vote in a primary for a candidate I would never vote for in the general election.
I'd love to have that option in KY.

iRONic

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2006
The republicans are not desperate, they are just getting money from the shithead base. It's easy and fun.

They are in good shape going forward. They are undermining democracy, destroying women's rights, they can filibuster anything with zero consequence, and they can lie with impunity because their base is either shitty enough to love it, dumb enough to be ignorant, or a combination of both. To have a base of that many shitty and ignorant people when you can rig the system so you don't even need a majority to win is a pretty good place to be.
Replace "base" with cult.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
It's probably a scam not comming from any Republican supporting group or even the RNC themself. Did you ever try to see the senders address without opening the email?

The scammers are probably trying to target hardcore Trump supporters, because they are so gullible and can be tricked into thinking the e-mail is genuine. Furthermore, the scammers even can presume that no police report would be filed. This is presumed because when victims discover money getting removed from their bank, due to the victims stolen credentials, they will blame the bank with the false allegation of being a ponzi scheming liberal organization. The victims may even claim to their friends their banks are using customers money to fund Democrats illegally. When in reality, the bank yas done nothing, and a scammer is actually stealling the money.

But they offered me a 400% match for my donations!

(of course they never say where that 400% is coming from...)

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
But they offered me a 400% match for my donations!

(of course they never say where that 400% is coming from...)
My last offer was a 500% match :p but they failed to mention who was matching it.

Given their past methods, I suspect they are just going to hit your credit card 5 times.