The Refridgerator at Fry's Electronics

Kenji4861

Banned
Jan 28, 2001
For people that has visited the Sunnyvale, CA, Fry's Electronics. Have you seen the fridge that has a MP3 player, camera, memo pad, crap like that?

Well this is a VERY stupid idea and here's another reason not to buy it. It crashed on me yesterday. It popped up with the (looked like a Windows 3.1) crash note.

HiTek21

Diamond Member
Jul 4, 2002
There was a refridgerator at frys with internet access. Surf the web while gettin a soda.

SHoddyCOmp

Platinum Member
Apr 1, 2002
Yea, open the door.. get halfway to a site..oh well I'll finish browsing next time i come back, might finish the URL then too. Geze how long can you stay at a fridge? :confused: its encouraging fatties! :Q lol

TCPpacket

Feb 8, 2001
lol. fridges are meant to store food, not play music or take pictures. why on earth would you need an mp3 player on a fridge?

LikeLinus

Lifer
Jul 25, 2001
<why on earth would you need an mp3 player on a fridge?>

Does anyone on this board actually cook? While it is a bit funny, it would definately be something neat for people to store and bring up recipies via saves or the internet very fast. Plus while something is cooking you can keep an eye on the food while browsing your fav site, checking the cooking and stiring things. Also to store and listen to music while cooking is pretty interesting. No clue why the hell you'd need a camera though? Or were you just exaggerating and being funny?

LikeLinus

Lifer
Jul 25, 2001
Actually what would be cool is a computer that folds up into the top of the counter/cabinet space. Sort of like where a microwave is mounted up under and to your cabinets, but have it fold upward with a wireless keyboard that has a mouse.

TCPpacket

Feb 8, 2001
Originally posted by: LikeLinus
<why on earth would you need an mp3 player on a fridge?>

Does anyone on this board actually cook? While it is a bit funny, it would definately be something neat for people to store and bring up recipies via saves or the internet very fast. Plus while something is cooking you can keep an eye on the food while browsing your fav site, checking the cooking and stiring things. Also to store and listen to music while cooking is pretty interesting. No clue why the hell you'd need a camera though? Or were you just exaggerating and being funny?

i would assume the camera would be for the fridge to take pictures of the contents of the fridge to see if anything is running low. i remember reading about this a while ago. very jetson-like :cool: having a lcd in the kitchen would be nice like axiom said. but its not like youre going to be staring at the fridge while you cook.