The reason behind the Susan Rice witch hunt makes sense now

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
Reading the NBC news article; Kerry is in line for either State or Defense.

Therefore the witch hunt excuse by the Dems is exactly that.

Maddow is just a Democratic theory by a talk show personality - same as if you were to believe the BS that comes out of O'Reilly.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com

Ausm

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

Maddow is just a Democratic theory by a talk show personality - same as if you were to believe the BS that comes out of O'Reilly.

It makes sense to me. Wouldn't it be in the Republicans best interest to get their guy in who will green light all benefits for Wall Street to further rip off their customers?

If you don't believe this please show me all the Bills the Repubs have introduced that would actually help the common people.

Last edited:

FerrelGeek

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2009

This. But hey, let the libertrol yakbots of ATPN have their fun. It's the only diversion they get from their otherwise pathetic existence.

Nov 30, 2006
OP embarassed himself again? You would think that anyone who smells dog shit everywhere they go would think to check their shoes.

feralkid

Lifer
Jan 28, 2002
This. But hey, let the libertrol yakbots of ATPN have their fun. It's the only diversion they get from their otherwise pathetic existence.

root_bitterness_tree.gif

feralkid

Lifer
Jan 28, 2002
I am glad you agree that a Republican witch hunt with absolutely no proof of wrong doing is a direct result of what you posted.

That and the fact that McCain has never gotten over his defeat in '08.

Bitter (non) Maverick.

Ausm

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Damn, Maddow is starting to sound like Glenn Beck.......LMAO!!!!

She doesn't believe that the Communist hoard is right around the corner to invade our country so I don't find any parallels with your assertion.

Apr 27, 2012
OP embarassed himself again? You would think that anyone who smells dog shit everywhere they go would think to check their shoes.

This, This is getting embarrassing and the OP is doing a good job making a fool out of himself making up excuses for this when he doesn't understand the real outrage over Benghazi

Ausm

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

Care to offer any substance that would prove my post is wrong or just stoop to the normal personal attacks? I'm waiting for your rebuttal of the post if you don't have one then go fuck up someone else's thread....

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
Republicans went after the Obama adminstration, then after Susan Rice, so hopefully she wouldn't get nominated and then "maybe" they will pick John Kerry so his seat opens up and his replacement gets appointed by a Democratic Governor?

Really?

Apr 27, 2012
Republicans went after the Obama adminstration, then after Susan Rice, so hopefully she wouldn't get nominated and then "maybe" they will pick John Kerry so his seat opens up and his replacement gets appointed by a Democratic Governor?

Really?

What else do you expect from people like the op? Clueless idiots who have no idea how to run the country

Ausm

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

Really?

Umm last time I looked the seat would be filled by an Election.

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
It makes a lot of sense to me. The very first thing I thought of when I heard Obama was considering Kerry for any cabinet post is why are the Democrats so willing to throw away a Senate seat? As far as I know (Mass residents feel free to chime in) the only Mass Dem likely to give Brown a real race is governor Patrick and I doubt he wants to give up that office so early.

Plus McCain's continuing hardon for Rice makes absolutely no sense whatsoever-he keeps rehashing the same (answered) questions over and over again, skips critical hearings to have news conferences, etc. He sounds more and more each day like a wingnut conspiracy buff. I know he knows how talking points and the Sunday newsgabfest shows work, it's hard to see anything but naked political manuvering here.

Matt1970-you're showing your ignorance or memory problems. After Ted Kennedy died the Mass GOP went into an uprow about the governor appointing replacements and the law was changed in Mass so that vacancies are filled by a special election.

CallMeJoe

Diamond Member
Jul 30, 2004
...Matt1970-you're showing your ignorance or memory problems. After Ted Kennedy died the Mass GOP went into an uprow about the governor appointing replacements and the law was changed in Mass so that vacancies are filled by a special election.
IIRC, it was the Massachusetts Democrats who changed the law when it appeared that Senator Kerry's replacement, had he won the presidency in 2004, would have been appointed by then-governor Mitt Romney.

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
Assuming that Kerry gets tapped for a role in the Administration - creating a vacancy.
If the Repubs claim that seat - will it affect the balance of power in the Senate.

NO.

So all this speculation by the Dems is BS and the OP fell for it along with other Dem shills

CallMeJoe

Diamond Member
Jul 30, 2004
Assuming that Kerry gets tapped for a role in the Administration - creating a vacancy.
If the Repubs claim that seat - will it affect the balance of power in the Senate.

NO.

So all this speculation by the Dems is BS and the OP fell for it along with other Dem shills
While the change would not eliminate the Democratic majority in the Senate, it would reduce that majority and make cloture votes more challenging.

This still doesn't make the OP's (and Ms. Maddow's) conspiracy theory any less strained.

Last edited: