The REAL reason behind SOPA/PIPA?

GTaudiophile

Lifer
Oct 24, 2000
Forget what you've read. Forget the names of the companies, NGOs, etc that are supporting SOPA/PIPA. They are the smokescreen.

Think about it.

What revolutionary events took place in the spring of 2011? What made these events in the Middle East possible?

A free and open Internet.

Can we for a minute believe that an established and esteemed democratic Republic as that found in the United States would NOT be threatened by what it witnessed overseas? Can we for a minute believe that the Establishment did NOT start thinking of ways that it could control and limit the spread of ideas and content on the World Wide Web?

Come on. Everything the US government does is under false pretense. SOPA and PIPA are no different.

Megaupload.com is just the beginning. And they didn't even need a law to do it.

SandEagle

Lifer
Aug 4, 2007
the real intention is to create false flag ops and carry out wars that benefit the war machines and their goals of conquest, one world order. you will not know what's going on. you will not speak of what's going on. you will, however, bend over and take it up the tailpipe.

GTaudiophile

Lifer
Oct 24, 2000
the real intention is to create false flag ops and carry out wars that benefit the war machines and their goals of conquest, one world order. you will not know what's going on. you will not speak of what's going on. you will, however, bend over and take it up the tailpipe.

Well, I guess we agree then.

janas19

Platinum Member
Nov 10, 2011
Forget what you've read. Forget the names of the companies, NGOs, etc that are supporting SOPA/PIPA. They are the smokescreen.

Think about it.

What revolutionary events took place in the spring of 2011? What made these events in the Middle East possible?

A free and open Internet.

Can we for a minute believe that an established and esteemed democratic Republic as that found in the United States would NOT be threatened by what it witnessed overseas? Can we for a minute believe that the Establishment did NOT start thinking of ways that it could control and limit the spread of ideas and content on the World Wide Web?

Come on. Everything the US government does is under false pretense. SOPA and PIPA are no different.

Megaupload.com is just the beginning. And they didn't even need a law to do it.

What the hell? You just totally convoluted the string of logic there. The freedom of the Internet helped to organize massive protests against strong-man dictatorships in Middle Eastern countries. Countries where openly criticizing the governing dictator was met with violence.

This is America, a democracy. We have basic laws to protect our rights. Like the freedom of speech. There's no conspiracy here when our Constitution allows freedom of speech.

gevorg

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 2004
Protesters/internet cannot revolt a superpower like America, just look at OWS, they've been freezing for months without any results or even objective. Small and weak countries on the other hand are very easy to manipulate, even by protesters. Case in point: "Arab Spring".

disappoint

Lifer
Dec 7, 2009

lol conquest and one world order. Thats the last thing they want. The U.S. military is a business. Their goal is to swipe money from the American taxpayer. Have you ever seen the U.S. take land by force lately? Conquest is not their goal. And one world order would make for less wars and less need for military intervention not more.

irishScott

Lifer
Oct 10, 2006
lol conquest and one world order. Thats the last thing they want. The U.S. military is a business. Their goal is to swipe money from the American taxpayer. Have you ever seen the U.S. take land by force lately? Conquest is not their goal. And one world order would make for less wars and less need for military intervention not more.

Actually a new world order would require a massive military to suppress the inevitable rebellions for a few centuries or so. Hell Islamic countries nowadays are completely independent and some of them are still going on about the crusades. :p

disappoint

Lifer
Dec 7, 2009
Actually a new world order would require a massive military to suppress the inevitable rebellions for a few centuries or so. Hell Islamic countries nowadays are completely independent and some of them are still going on about the crusades. :p

I suppose you're right. It seems as if there will always be a military industrial complex. But their funding might be in jeopardy if they ever got in way over their heads.

Last edited:

IonusX

Dec 25, 2011
they did it to see what they could get away with. their luck that the same system they intended to kill has so many eyes watching them. despite what you think of the folks over at I.W. A.J. and crew were slamming PIPA/SOPA long before most other folks were in the US.

LiuKangBakinPie

Diamond Member
Jan 31, 2011
P2P torrent hosts couldn't be touched because technically the files are not on the server. But now if linking to that content is illegal it will close that loophole. Unfortunately Sweden don't give a fuck about US internet laws so it won't effect much

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
put your money where your mouth is, stop supporting the Federal Government.

I never supported the corrupted parts of it, but given the trend, corruption of the system in total is just a matter of time.

edit- corrected syntax.

Last edited:

Exterous

Super Moderator
Jun 20, 2006
*puts on tin foil hat*

It does seem to put a lot of power in potentially devious hands. I could see it being used at very convienent times to temporarily remove a dissenting website

May 13, 2009
put your money where your mouth is, stop supporting the Federal Government.

I'm not sure how well that would go over when you're in prison and they've confiscated all your possessions for evading paying your taxes.

Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.

csteggo

Jul 5, 2004
Are you trying to insinuate that the government would try to take away rights under false pretenses? Not looking at you Patriot Act. But here do not actually think that was the originating idea. I am sure they love the opportunity mind you. I personally think this is a two birds with one stone thing. Its about the money the paid shills are getting. The ability to silent dissent without due process is a bonus.