The real deal with John Deere Lawn Tractors purchased at Lowe's?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GeekDrew

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2000
Originally posted by: PAB
Lowes and Home Depot do not sell tractors. They sell mowers.

THIS is the only kind of deere I would buy: http://www.generalequipmentjohndeeredealer.com/4440%20loader.jpg

I got a nice deal on an 01 with 420 hours on it.

I've found that just about anything manufactured by John Deere -- other than their low end mowers -- is of high quality.

I like that 4440, wish we had one. I like my 4230, but it doesn't have a loader on it. Then again, I don't really need one on that tractor, that's what the 1530s are for...

CorCentral

Banned
Feb 11, 2001
Originally posted by: GeekDrew
Originally posted by: CorCentral
The real question is QUALITY!
Is it any different on where you buy a John Deere that effects quality?

MikeyIs4Dcats--- I'll forget the "douchebag" comment because I could argue all night Pilgrim. All I want is the truth on this subject.

No, the models do not vary.

If you buy a JD115C at Home Depot, and also bought the exact same model at a dealer, the quality would be as similar as possible.

The reason that people say that you should go to a John Deere dealer and get a "real" John Deere is because the mowers that Home Depot, Lowe's, etc., carry are the low end John Deere models. Dealers tend to stock higher-end models, though some also stock the low end stuff, such as what Home Depot & Lowe's may stock.

As long as the quality is the same between mdl's sold at Lowe's and a retail John Deere dealer? For a regular home owners with .5 or so acres, it's perfect. I 'AINT a farmer :)

GeekDrew

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2000

MikeyIs4Dcats--- I'll forget the "douchebag" comment because I could argue all night Pilgrim. All I want is the truth on this subject.

If you buy a JD115C at Home Depot, and also bought the exact same model at a dealer, the quality would be as similar as possible.

The reason that people say that you should go to a John Deere dealer and get a "real" John Deere is because the mowers that Home Depot, Lowe's, etc., carry are the low end John Deere models. Dealers tend to stock higher-end models, though some also stock the low end stuff, such as what Home Depot & Lowe's may stock.

As long as the quality is the same between mdl's sold at Lowe's and a retail John Deere dealer? For a regular home owners with .5 or so acres, it's perfect. I 'AINT a farmer :)

Yes, the quality should be the same between models, no matter where you buy it.

I am a farmer... I can see you aint... I see you also aint an English major.

CorCentral

Banned
Feb 11, 2001
Originally posted by: MikeyIs4Dcats

THIS is the only kind of deere I would buy: http://www.generalequipmentjohndeeredealer.com/4440%20loader.jpg

the L100 series is classified as a Lawn Tractor. That means it can accept attachments. "Riding Mowers" are not able to accept attachments.

I totally understand what you're saying, but does the actual "JOHN DEERE" quality suffer when you buy at Lowe's? It it better than buying a Murray or Craftsman?

GeekDrew

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2000
Originally posted by: MikeyIs4Dcats

the L100 series is classified as a Lawn Tractor. That means it can accept attachments. "Riding Mowers" are not able to accept attachments.

I totally understand what you're saying, but does the actual "JOHN DEERE" quality suffer when you buy at Lowe's? It it better than buying a Murray or Craftsman?

The legendary "John Deere Quality" that has made them a leader is not present in their low end mowers -- they are simply not as high quality as the higher end models. I've had poor experiences with both Murray & Craftsman, but I know many people that have not. I would not say that the low end John Deere models are of significantly higher quality than Craftsman, but I wouldn't say that they are of lesser quality, either.

CorCentral

Banned
Feb 11, 2001

Yes, the quality should be the same between models, no matter where you buy it.

I am a farmer... I can see you aint... I see you also aint an English major.

Give me a break **LMAO** I finished the 6th grade and got through 2 weeks of the 7th before I traveled the world without no more schooling other than what I saw and took in myself. At the time before that in school, I was up a grade and I got A's and B's.......... D in Social Studies and C's in Science btw. CUN* teachers hated me or my father for pulling me from class all the time to travel. They exchanged words quite frequently but hey, I was a natural. I'm no prodigy mind you but most people are idiots........ Hence the Social Studies ....... OoohRAH!

Hey, you know Clark Kent? I respect all people but when the likes of you try to shadow me? You'll lose.

John Denver:
Well life on the farm is kinda' laid back
'aint nothing that a country boy that he can't hack
Early to rise early in the sack
thank god I'm a country boy!

Status
Not open for further replies.