The real deal with John Deere Lawn Tractors purchased at Lowe's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CorCentral

Banned
Feb 11, 2001
I hear it all the time! One person says that the John Deere Lawn tractors you purchase at Lowes are "NOT" the same as the one's purchased through a John Deere dealer and I've heard from people that actually work for a John Deere dealer and say that's BS and they're the same.

WTF is this? Is it a damn rumor or is it true? WHAT'S THE TRUTH?

I don't want an idiot POLL and only vote if they heard it from thier neighbor or co-worker. I want people to vote that ACTUALLY know!

MikeMike

Lifer
Feb 6, 2000
yes, john deere makes different tractors depending upon where they are sold, but if they are the same numbers etc, they are the same. obviously.

Lowes doesnt carry the higher end ones, but the higher ends cost a LOT.

Nov 5, 2001
they make a seperate line of lower end models for sale at HD and Lowes. It is common. For instance, Nike makes special shoe models for JC Penny. They use lower grade leathers and synthetics and offer unique colors and styles.

Nov 5, 2001
Link

For example, the above link illustrates that the JD website categorizes products sold at Lowes and HD seperately from their other resdidential products.

CorCentral

Banned
Feb 11, 2001
Originally posted by: MikeyIs4Dcats
they make a seperate line of lower end models for sale at HD and Lowes. It is common. For instance, Nike makes special shoe models for JC Penny. They use lower grade leathers and synthetics and offer unique colors and styles.

I know this but you can "usually" tell from the price of something if it's lower quality.

Take Mdl#'s for example.

I have the 115, a new 2006 mdl I bought at Lowes for $1,500 - 10% about 2 weeks ago. Do they make this as a diff. varient that's sold at an actual Deere dealer for more money??

IamElectro

Golden Member
Jul 15, 2003
Lowes sells the low end models (Cheaper). Odds are John Deere have a few of these models but not to many as they would reley on Lowes or other retailers to sell these models. People that go to a John Deere dealership know they are going to be spending some cash so why keep the cheap models on display.

I doubt a company like John Deere is going to compromise nearly a 140 years quailty to sell some tractors at Lowes.

The whole idea seems crazy to me.

CorCentral

Banned
Feb 11, 2001
Link

For example, the above link illustrates that the JD website categorizes products sold at Lowes and HD seperately from their other resdidential products.

Now wait a minute, can you buy the 115 directly through a John Deere Dealer? This will answer alot. If not, I would not think the quality is diff. at all.
I'll find out................ Most of you just blab about what you hear and believe it even if your neighbor or someone you work with tells you! Can't you not find out something on your own? There's no spellchecker for this.............. Too tough for you PU***ys?

Until I find someone with real proof, all of you are wrong!

GeekDrew

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2000
Originally posted by: CorCentral

I know this but you can "usually" tell from the price of something if it's lower quality.

Take Mdl#'s for example.

I have the 115, a new 2006 mdl I bought at Lowes for $1,500 - 10% about 2 weeks ago. Do they make this as a diff. varient that's sold at an actual Deere dealer for more money??

That model may not necesasrily vary, but there are other models out there that cost substantially more -- build quality and features may be the same or different between models.

CorCentral

Banned
Feb 11, 2001
Been to the John Deere website but I see no email address. They have thier crappy forum where you post problems.

Does anyone have an email address to John Deere's customer support?

GeekDrew

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2000
Link

Now wait a minute, can you buy the 115 directly through a John Deere Dealer? This will answer alot. If not, I would not think the quality is diff. at all.
I'll find out................ Most of you just blab about what you hear and believe it even if your neighbor or someone you work with tells you! Can't you not find out something on your own? There's no spellchecker for this.............. Too tough for you PU***ys?

If John Deere makes it, then a John Deere dealer can sell it to you.

GeekDrew

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2000
Been to the John Deere website but I see no email address. They have thier crappy forum where you post problems.

Does anyone have an email address to John Deere's customer support?

Just call one of their Dealers.

What is it, *EXACTLY*, you are trying to find out?

Nov 5, 2001
Link

obviously you can't can't find anything on your own douchebag...

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
The John Deere dealer close to my house sells the 100 series. I believe, though, Lowes sells the C line, IIRC, of the 100 series. Not sure what the difference, if any, is though.

I own an L120, which Home Depot two years ago, but I bought mine at the dealer. Both had it at the same price.

Nov 5, 2001
Originally posted by: CPA
The John Deere dealer close to my house sells the 100 series. I believe, though, Lowes sells the C line, IIRC, of the 100 series. Not sure what the difference, if any, is though.

I own an L120, which Home Depot two years ago, but I bought mine at the dealer. Both had it at the same price.

yes, as others said, they sell the lowe end models at the dealer because they have to to compete with the big boxes. the low end models were specifically introduced to target the big bix saes however, and the quality is reflective of the much reduced price.

I mean, think about it....a $2500 mower is NEVER going to be the same quality as a $1500 mower.

CorCentral

Banned
Feb 11, 2001
Originally posted by: GeekDrew

Take Mdl#'s for example.

That model may not necesasrily vary, but there are other models out there that cost substantially more -- build quality and features may be the same or different between models.

You say "THAT MDL"........... Of course mdls vary. If you were buying a Mazda car for example, all are the same at "EVERY" dealer. It may cost you more for the extras they charge of course, but then they tell you if you want "REAL" Mazda, goto the real "MAZDA" dealer because this is a "LOWER" quality Mazda we have????? You can get it for $500.00 more for the same quality at that dealer!!!!!..... Why are you shopping here retard?

I would really like a "REAL" John Deere Dealer to post in here about now. I don't know the answer.......... but when all of you rush in and don't know what the hell you're talking about it would piss anyone off! Does'nt anyone want the real truth and not what you hear from your friend or neighbor?

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001

yes, as others said, they sell the lowe end models at the dealer because they have to to compete with the big boxes. the low end models were specifically introduced to target the big bix saes however, and the quality is reflective of the much reduced price.

I mean, think about it....a $2500 mower is NEVER going to be the same quality as a $1500 mower.

dude, my mower cost $2400. It was not a low end model. It wasn't a high end either. It has a B&S 22hp engine and 52" deck.

Nov 5, 2001
Originally posted by: GeekDrew

Take Mdl#'s for example.

You say "THAT MDL"........... Of course mdls vary. If you were buying a Mazda car for example, all are the same at "EVERY" dealer. It may cost you more for the extras they charge of course, but then they tell you if you want "REAL" Mazda, goto the real "MAZDA" dealer because this is a "LOWER" quality Mazda we have????? You can get it for $500.00 more for the same quality at that dealer!!!!!..... Why are you shopping here retard?

I would really like a "REAL" John Deere Dealer to post in here about now. I don't know the answer.......... but when all of you rush in and don't know what the hell you're talking about it would piss anyone off! Does'nt anyone want the real truth and not what you hear from your friend or neighbor?

do your own fvcking Google search before you go off half-cocked like a jackass. They introduced the 100 series SPECIFICALLY TO TARGET THE BIG BOX MARKET. It was reported in several business journals.

Nov 5, 2001

dude, my mower cost $2400. It was not a low end model. It wasn't a high end either. It has a B&S 22hp engine and 52" deck.

exactly...and it is a step above the low end 100 series that is about $1500

CorCentral

Banned
Feb 11, 2001
The real question is QUALITY!
Is it any different on where you buy a John Deere that effects quality?

MikeyIs4Dcats--- I'll forget the "douchebag" comment because I could argue all night Pilgrim. All I want is the truth on this subject.

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001

I'm not sure I follow you.

My dealer carried a mid-range mower. For all I know, it always has. Home Depot only started carrying JD about 3 years ago. It started off by carrying that model. It was actually chasing a higher then low-end clientelle.

Now may be different, but when it started out, the dealer wasn't trying to compete with HD, HD was trying to compete with the dealer.

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001

MikeyIs4Dcats--- I'll forget the "douchebag" comment because I could argue all night Pilgrim. All I want is the truth on this subject.

Like I said, Home Depot carried the same model as my dealer did at one time. The only difference would be that my dealer would service it, HD would not.

And as far as quality, my tractor purchased from the dealer has already been in the shop twice (3 year old tractor) for problems. Like anything else, it probably doesn't matter much where it's bought.

Nov 5, 2001

it's not a vast conspiracy....the TRUTH is the low end models are available at big box and dealers. The dealers ONLY sell them because if they don't they will lose even more sales to the big boxes. The QUALITY of the low end models is not to the same standards as the higher end models. The low end models were introduced to be sold first at Home Depot and now Lowes with a specific price point and a corresponding quality.

GeekDrew

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2000

No, the models do not vary.

If you buy a JD115C at Home Depot, and also bought the exact same model at a dealer, the quality would be as similar as possible.

The reason that people say that you should go to a John Deere dealer and get a "real" John Deere is because the mowers that Home Depot, Lowe's, etc., carry are the low end John Deere models. Dealers tend to stock higher-end models, though some also stock the low end stuff, such as what Home Depot & Lowe's may stock.

Nov 5, 2001

I'm not sure I follow you.

My dealer carried a mid-range mower. For all I know, it always has. Home Depot only started carrying JD about 3 years ago. It started off by carrying that model. It was actually chasing a higher then low-end clientelle.

Now may be different, but when it started out, the dealer wasn't trying to compete with HD, HD was trying to compete with the dealer.

the 100 series made for HD and Lowes is a low end model (for JD). The dealers only sell them because they have to to get the sale that otherwise HD or Lowes will get. Your "mid-range" used to be the lowest end you could buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.