The quote "The riot is the language of the unheard" is from Martin Luther King Jr. So how do both sides deal with it?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Yeah, it occurred to me after I posted that that they are rioting too.
Yup, like they were the real and only victims instead of the most damaged by childhood abuse. It was conform or die for them. Liberals may not remember the damage they suffered but at least they got out with some will to resist and that harming the vulnerable is an evil act.

iRONic

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2006
Another Malcolm X quote.
He wasn't all that found of any white folks, hard to find fault with that attitude.
No source? No link? You're such a lazy POS.

Whatever. The quote's from an interview he did in 1963. If you're intimating that every Black american is still getting played by liberals during elections just say so. smfh

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
No source? No link? You're such a lazy POS.

Whatever. The quote's from an interview he did in 1963. If you're intimating that every Black american is still getting played by liberals during elections just say so. smfh
And another one with the personal insults. Does that make you feel empowered or something?
Should you ever learn how to respond as an adult, I'd be more than happy to discuss Mr. X's comments with you.
Should I hold my breath?

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
I've never supported rioting however there is a world of difference from rioting because you very existence is being threatened vs being pissed you are losing an election and the demographics of the country are changing.

PlanetJosh

Golden Member
May 6, 2013
It was an overreaction by me to use the term "barbarian" when I suggested MLK Jr should've said "The riot is the language of the barbarian." Much better said if it's "The riot is the language of the not so good people with valid grievances." And I realize the black rioters back then and now are a small percentage of all blacks in America.

Edit: And I have some possible evidence that most or all people are bad. Just look at the millions of people who voted for Trump in 2016. They may be mostly or all bad people. You may counter that by claiming that most of them were simply voting for the lesser of two evils from their Republican or conservative point of view. But what if that's not the case and they are actually bad?

Which means the standard view of most people that only 1 to 5 percent of all people are bad may not be true. Add in the Trump voters and the percentage goes up. So if my reasoning causes anyone to bump up their 1 to 5% view to even just 10% of all people being bad people then to me that's quite an accomplishment.

Next I have to justify why progressives are mostly or all bad people just like conservatives. One step at a time. I'm a bad person too for suggesting that most or all people are bad. I'm not trying to crack jokes with that. There are other reasons I'm bad which is shared by millions of others.

For example like condoning or not speaking out against US drone strikes that are still killing innocent civilians in middle eastern countries. And a much more serious one is supporting Bill Clinton's war in the Balkans in the 90s but then being against the Bush's Iraq war in 2003. That's hypocrisy on my part because both presidents claimed atrocities against civilians in those countries was one of the reasons for invading both. Republicans who are for that Iraq war but against the Balkans war have the same hypocrisy for the same reason imo. Btw I think I'm a moderate.

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2004
It was an overreaction by me to use the term "barbarian" when I suggested MLK Jr should've said "The riot is the language of the barbarian." Much better said if it's "The riot is the language of the not so good people with valid grievances." And I realize the black rioters back then and now are a small percentage of all blacks in America.

Edit: And I have some possible evidence that most or all people are bad. Just look at the millions of people who voted for Trump in 2016. They may be mostly or all bad people. You may counter that by claiming that most of them were simply voting for the lesser of two evils from their Republican or conservative point of view. But what if that's not the case and they are actually bad?

Which means the standard view of most people that only 1 to 5 percent of all people are bad may not be true. Add in the Trump voters and the percentage goes up. So if my reasoning causes anyone to bump up their 1 to 5% view to even just 10% of all people being bad people then to me that's quite an accomplishment.

Next I have to justify why progressives are mostly or all bad people just like conservatives. One step at a time. I'm a bad person too for suggesting that most or all people are bad. I'm not trying to crack jokes with that. There are other reasons I'm bad which is shared by millions of others.

For example like condoning or not speaking out against US drone strikes that are still killing innocent civilians in middle eastern countries. And a much more serious one is supporting Bill Clinton's war in the Balkans in the 90s but then being against the Bush's Iraq war in 2003. That's hypocrisy on my part because both presidents claimed atrocities against civilians in those countries was one of the reasons for invading both. Republicans who are for that Iraq war but against the Balkans war have the same hypocrisy for the same reason imo. Btw I think I'm a moderate.

It wasn't an overreaction is was straight up stupid. You clearly know this. Stop quibbling with your self like anyone else can't see exactly what you're doing.

What? How the fuck is that evidence that most or all people are bad?

Whomever told you that only 1-5% of people are bad is an idiot. There are no absolute good people. Even some of the worst killers in all of history did some objectively good or nice things at times. Human beings are not binary good/bad. Its incredibly ignorant to view them as such.

Clinton's war in the Balkans? You mean when there was literal genocide happening? That genocide occurred is not in dispute (in fact the ones that did it initially tried to brag, until the rest of the world said "wait, what?" and rolled in with military force. If you don't think stopping genocide is at all a worthy cause compared to making up shit about Saddam Hussein having weapons of mass destruction (to attack the US, Bush absolutely was doing it under the guise of protecting America and not Iraqis - as evidenced by the fact that we killed hundreds of thousands of Iraqis in the process). We literally know Bush's Administration lied about things. This is not in dispute. I don't even think they dispute that any more (although they have occasionally tried to justify it in other ways - ones that seem even dumber with the hindsight we now have about how royally they completely fucked up). You really need to check your facts.

By the way, you're not a moderate. You're literally trying to rationalized demonizing literally everyone but yourself.

I don't know if your account got hijacked or you're experiencing a severe mental health issue, but if you can't see how bonkers your posts in this thread are, then the people around you might be in danger. This is the type of thinking that people like Timothy McVeigh used to end up becoming a pawn in the white supremacist libertarian "true patriots" world of bullshit.

Mar 11, 2004
I've never supported rioting however there is a world of difference from rioting because you very existence is being threatened vs being pissed you are losing an election and the demographics of the country are changing.

OP is not in a mental state to even be able to comprehend your post. He's quibbling with himself over demonizing everyone for his own personal projections of what he thinks.

Its signs of severe disassociative disorder and I'm not kidding when I say its the type of thing that people get prior to committing mass shootings and other horrible acts.