The Pursuit of Happyness

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Electric Amish

Elite Member
Oct 11, 1999
Originally posted by: rivan
Originally posted by: jbourne77
Vexed? By a spelling mistake? That has to make life pretty rough.

Actually, I'm vexed by it as well. The erosion of language in an age where the written word's importance is higher than ever is disturbing.

It must be nice to be bothered only by the truly worldly injustices in life.

Mark me down as well. That was the first thing I said to my wife when we passed the poster at the theater... ;)

archcommus

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2003
Saw this movie tonight.

It was very good but tough to watch because it's just really, really depressing. Will Smith did a great job. And I have to admit, I'm not a guy that cries easily, but during a particular scene in a bathroom in about the middle of the movie, I was brinking.

Balt

Lifer
Mar 12, 2000
Originally posted by: Horus
Originally posted by: Dacalo
Originally posted by: Lorax
their misspelling of "happyness" really irks me.

Yes, it vexes me terribly.

Fixed, Emperor Commodus.

Hilarious. :laugh:

As for the movie, it seems a little bit too "Made for TV" to me. Apparently plenty of people disagree since it was top at the box office this weekend, though.

Gl4di4tor

Jun 8, 2001
Good movie, terrific performance on Will Smith's part (and thats coming from a guy who hasn't liked him in his previous roles, ie. Independence day, AI, etc.)
I have to say this movie really inspired me to work harder in school so I don't end up having to struggle through out the rest of my life like him.

chr6

Platinum Member
Oct 1, 2002
great movie, no spoilers here, but be wary if you bring young one as it does have a few occasional bad words, just a heads up

Gilligansdingy

Golden Member
Jun 2, 2005
Saw this movie last night. It was more like Pursuit of a Good Movie.... The guys story is inspirational. The movie sucked balls though.

Oct 4, 2004
Will Smith is an A-list actor and this movie proves it. Good enough to make a grown man cry.
8/10 for the movie. Nice rags-to-riches story which only focuses on the 'rags-to' part.

mugs

Lifer
Apr 29, 2003
Of course the spelling error is intentional. It's part of the movie.

eits

Lifer
Jun 4, 2005
www.integratedssr.com
Originally posted by: theprodigalrebel
Will Smith is an A-list actor and this movie proves it. Good enough to make a grown man cry.
8/10 for the movie. Nice rags-to-riches story which only focuses on the 'rags-to' part.

yeah, totally

Aquaman

Lifer
Dec 17, 1999
I just read the book............ Pretty good read ........... now I have to watch the movie :)

Cheers,
Aquaman