The Ps3 is more intelligent than you thought it to be.....

abhinit90

May 5, 2008
Two recent instances FORCED me to post this thread........

My first thing was that gt5p had update problems......and almost everyone who tried to update it faced an error.....

and when you start downloading the update the next time the download bar starts from beginning....but actually the progress is saved or in short it does a RESUMABLE DOWNLOAD

the second one is too weird.......

you try to switch on/off or eject a disc while even having a single layer handkerchief over your finger.....
the ps3 wont do anything no matter how hard you press........

Weird isnt it ?

tk149

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2002
Originally posted by: abhinit90

the second one is too weird.......

you try to switch on/off or eject a disc while even having a single layer handkerchief over your finger.....
the ps3 wont do anything no matter how hard you press........

Weird isnt it ?

I believe that the "on/off" and "eject" "Buttons" on the PS3 are just electrical contacts that rely on the natural electrical conductivity of human skin to complete a circuit. Therefore, there is no real physical "button."

I couldn't Google anything to back me up on this though. :(

mugs

Lifer
Apr 29, 2003
first of all....is about the gt5p update problem...
though there are problems and update cancels and next time it starts from beginning.....
but the update is saved, and it continues from the last time that it had an error........

WTF does this mean? :confused:

Baked

Lifer
Dec 28, 2004
In English please.

1) WHAT?!
2) You're one of those people who leave finger prints on people's monitors aren't you? You can eject discs using the controller, why would you use the eject button on the console?

mugs

Lifer
Apr 29, 2003
Originally posted by: Baked
In English please.

1) WHAT?!
2) You're one of those people who leave finger prints on people's monitors aren't you? You can eject discs using the controller, why would you use the eject button on the console?

Uh...

FuryofFive

Golden Member
Sep 7, 2005
In English please.

1) WHAT?!

ummm right? make sense?

Kromis

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2006
Originally posted by: mugs
In English please.

1) WHAT?!

Uh...

In case you don't have a controller handy :)

Baked

Lifer
Dec 28, 2004
Originally posted by: Kromis

/palmface

This is like the people who sell games w/o the case and manual.

mugs

Lifer
Apr 29, 2003

/palmface

No... The PS3 is not some sacred shrine that cannot be touched. What's the point of never touching the buttons? I almost always use the power and eject buttons on the front of the console, and mine look like new. :confused:

biggestmuff

Diamond Member
Mar 20, 2001

/palmface

No... The PS3 is not some sacred shrine that cannot be touched. What's the point of never touching the buttons? I almost always use the power and eject buttons on the front of the console, and mine look like new. :confused:

Yeah, really. WTF? I use the front panel buttons about 50% of the time. My PS3 is generally sans disc until I'm ready to watch a movie or play my game (note; singular). I'll eject the disc with the remote, but rarely with the game controller, since the remote has a dedicated eject button.

destrekor

Lifer
Nov 18, 2005
Originally posted by: biggestmuff

/palmface

Yeah, really. WTF? I use the front panel buttons about 50% of the time. My PS3 is generally sans disc until I'm ready to watch a movie or play my game (note; singular). I'll eject the disc with the remote, but rarely with the game controller, since the remote has a dedicated eject button.

Unless it was a movie, I almost always leave the disc in that was last played, simply because I'm likely to play it again the next time.
And with Rock Band, that disc is in most of the time because my roommates play it too.

With movies, I'll use the BD remote to eject the disc, or if I have a controller in hand I'll use the software eject feature, but often times I use the eject button on the console because I'm going up to it to remove the current disc and put a different disc in. In this case I use the eject button to both eject the disc and turn the system on, because I gotta be right there anyhow.

The controllers are often not right next to the PS3, so it's a matter of convenience.
I'm not afraid to touch the PS3. Sure, it cost a pretty penny, but it's not like... made of gold. I kind wish it wasn't all shiny so that the whole 'don't touch' mindset wouldn't even exist.

tk149

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2002
In English please.

1) WHAT?!

The "buttons" are about the size of a fingerprint. You don't have to fondle the console, y'know.

abhinit90

May 5, 2008
In English please.

1) WHAT?!

Sorry all..........was in a hurry so typed roughly.....hope now it's fine... :)

My first thing was that gt5p had update problems......and almost everyone who tried to update it faced an error.....

and when you start downloading the update the next time the download bar starts from beginning....but actually the progress is saved or in short it does a RESUMABLE DOWNLOAD

Also, i read somewhere that the ps3 uses biometric sensors and work on heat detection......

also i eject from the remote and all......but still occasionally i like to use the inbuilt buttons in the console......

Hoping that it's now legible......

Baked

Lifer
Dec 28, 2004
Back to the 1st question in the OP. I read if you turn off uPnP in network settings, that will fix the GT5P connection problem. I haven't tried it, but might be worth a shot in your case.

As for the rest of you guys, yes I only use the controller for my PS3 to eject discs, and I only use the remote to turn on/off and open/eject discs for all the A/V equipment in the house. I'm anal about finger prints.

Dumac

Diamond Member
Dec 31, 2005
If you are switching games in your PS3, isn't it more convenient to use the provided eject button since you are going up to your PS3 anyway?

It's not like you leave a noticeable mark behind....