The problem with our media...Craigs-List-crowds-strip-house-bare

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Everybody has opinions but sometime some of them are insane. I don't know if you are insane, but your post is incoherent to me. All that happens when I read it is WTF!

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
Why is the media at fault?

The ad was posted on Craigs List that everything must go.

Poorly worded, poor judgement end that it is.

QuantumPion

Diamond Member
Jun 27, 2005
Imagine using this tactic in order to destroy someone you don't like. Just post an anonymous add on CL saying you've becoming a Buddhist monk and giving away all your possessions, come and get them at 123 woot street. Bam, instant loot mob.

KB

Diamond Member
Nov 8, 1999
Imagine using this tactic in order to destroy someone you don't like. Just post an anonymous add on CL saying you've becoming a Buddhist monk and giving away all your possessions, come and get them at 123 woot street. Bam, instant loot mob.

This has happened before. Unfiortunately I can't find it because my google-fu only finds this case, but I clearly remember this happeneing two other times except it was as you said, someone else posted it to get revenge. In both cases the police were able to track the person down based on the ad.

JTsyo

Lifer
Nov 18, 2007

Wore things have happened, like the lady that got raped when someone posted an ad asking for someone to fulfill a rape fantasy.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
I had some free stuff to post on Craigslist...Because it was "free stuff," they required a phone number to send a verification code to...I don't see how that would stop someone from doing stuff like the OP describes...it only takes a cheap burner phone to bypass that.

Status
Not open for further replies.