The Price Is Right........ How do they choose the contestants?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by RambleOn, Dec 15, 2001.

1. RambleOn

RambleOn Senior member

I wondered if they selected people out of the audience atrandom, out of a hat perhaps, or if they pick and choose who they want to be onstage? It always seems like the guys in military uniforms get picked, and young attractive college girls, and the occasionally sweet old lady just to even it out. Anyone have any insight on this theory?

2. showoff0450

showoff0450 Member

Or if you wear a "BOB BARKER IS GOD" t-shirt. Good lord those folks always get on the show.

3. BrunoPuntzJones

supposedly, and ive heard this from several people (but no idea if it's right) is that they have screeners walk through the crowd/line before they are seated. make small talk, etc (the screeners are dressed regularly and dont identify that they are with the show). they are the ones that pick folks out. keeps the sh!theads from getting on i guess.

4. jonley

jonley Member

i always thought they chose people with the lowest IQ.
    But then seeing the audience there, thats gotta be tough to narrow it down...
    God I hate that show..

5. Lvis

Lvis Golden Member

mom and dad went, you get sceened before you get in. You need to be pretty\handsome wearing a t-shirt, or be generally interesting to get on.

6. RambleOn

RambleOn Senior member

Thanks for the replies, I always wondered about that. When I was a kid watching the show, I just assumed contestants were picked at random, but I guess not!

7. b0mbrman

b0mbrman Lifer

<< Thanks for the replies, I always wondered about that. When I was a kid watching the show, I just assumed contestants were picked at random, but I guess not! >>

Me too...

8. dc

dc Diamond Member

yeah, they have screeners that go thru the line. and supposedly if you have a group of 1x people, they guarantee atleast one of you will get on.

9. kamiam

kamiam Banned

wear a military uniform, bob just loves a person in a uniform:Q

10. UberNeuman

UberNeuman Lifer

Price Is Right has had many odd choices for contestants as of late - most of them seem like they're about 100 years old and appear about to die on stage... I saw this old dude that had to be in his 80's, and I kept thinking he was going to bust a hip spining that wheel...

11. RambleOn

RambleOn Senior member

<< Price Is Right has had many odd choices for contestants as of late - most of them seem like they're about 100 years old and appear about to die on stage... I saw this old dude that had to be in his 80's, and I kept thinking he was going to bust a hip spining that wheel... >>

It's so embarassing when someone spins the wheel and they don't get it around on the first try, then that prick Bob has the audience boo at the person lol.

I remember one time on the show the beeper on the wheel broke, and he had the audience going 'beep beep beep' it was beyong ghey!