The power on my modem, and router keeps going off, on

yusux

Banned
Aug 17, 2008
My landlord hired a contractor to build a kitchen, each time they start up the blade, and saws, the power in my apt just goes off, the dsl modem and router is especially sensitive to this, I get disconnected from time to time, sometimes even my computer gets turned off.. :/, is there anything I can get from Frys to make this go away?

Lunyone

Oct 8, 2007
You could buy a generator!! LOL! I'd probably consider not running during the conditions, or get a UPS, but those can be a bit spendy. How long is the work going to be going on??

Modelworks

Lifer
Feb 22, 2007
In that situation a UPS is not going to help with the noise that things like saws turning on and off put into the power. A UPS will help with the voltage drops if it has AVR but most do not have that high level of noise removal, for that you need a line conditioner.

I would not use the PC when that is going on without it, or be prepared to buy a new PSU for your pc as well as other parts that can be damaged when the PSU fails.

This will work well in your situation and doesn't cost much for what it does, $54
http://www.apc.com/resource/in...ex.cfm?base_sku=LE1200